The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

@Papalag

Pheno 1

Am Haze x choc rain ( Escobar repro)

Same time as Pheno 2 …13 in flower.

Completely different from its sisters, tall wispy plant, more light in colour …with the feather like plumes at the crown, ye amazing difference.

She is coming to the end now and the weight of the buds ripening is forcing them drop…ye she s ripe for harvest.

P J

29 Likes

Guadalajara, Coyacan, Chiapas, Traditional Oaxaca, Traditional Oaxaca next to Coyacan ( Coyote Candy heirloom x Cryptic Labs Oaxaca)

21 Likes

That late one looks special

4 Likes

I only remember smoking with my older freinds in the 70s. Some was top shelf and I can almost still remember the taste. It’s elusive like thai stick taste from the 70s.

4 Likes

I wish I had some of those buds I used to get back in the 70s. Gold, Red, all loaded with seeds. I would love to clean them out now. The difference is, they wouldn’t be thrown out the window.:peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Hey all. I’m helping kidete put together a Congo trip. Anyone interested in helping, come check it out.
It’s $200 and the money will go towards seeds he finds

6 Likes

Flashback…

Just noticed Panama Red flower time. It’s exactly what I had with the 71 Panama.
Notice the short Durban flowering time? Hybrid for sure.
Oaxaca flowering time is about what I saw with Cryptic Labs Oaxaca.
Lots of hash flavor descriptions. Are these all early hybrids?
Also note Viet Black flowering time is 16-18 weeks.
I love reading this stuff. This is from Skunk magazine from granbalms ig page

10 Likes

Is this from Hyp3rids? I have some of those and I am thinking of running them

2 Likes

so, my old man stopped smoking in 1980 which was just after attempting to grow AG from bagseed…i don’t think it went that well. now that he is at retirement he can chief up again…of course I am trying to deliver the past, but it’s difficult to navigate. i’ve seen the more pure version of AG and it looks pretty sad.

Do you have any idea why my Dad doesn’t want to smoke buds? he just keeps asking for the acapulco gold leaves. He muttered something about there aren’t any seeds in the leaves, but I told there aren’t any seeds in the weed. He’s like, well how are you going to grow more…lol.

11 Likes

@splinter7 Some of the old timers grew for shoots, not bud. The growing season didn’t allow for full Sativa development. I once read that good shoots( growing tips) could hit 7% thc, while the best bud didn’t exceed 11%
Good leaf!

8 Likes

very cool. this had crossed my mind. when i hear of people growing a long time ago, it was often outside and it didn’t necessarily start at the right time of year. Also, the lack of general weed growing education might have led people to not even know what buds looked like or how long a plant takes to mature. I remember the first time I stumbled into this website, in the original OG years. All i had ever had was brick. it was like pressed grass. The big chonky buds on this site looked super weird. After school I moved cities and I couldn’t find brick anymore.

3 Likes

no. this is from Colorado Sativas out of Mountain Organics gear.
So, it’s AG x Maya (AG x Lotus). Lotus (The One x Velvet Rush) seems to be mostly Thai or possibly split with afghan. There is some uncertainty on the Velvet Rush being pure blue highland or not. Provided how fast the flowering is, I have to guess that it’s 75% AG, 12.5% Thai at best and 12.5% plus Afghan. It’s way faster than the Panama from CS out of Ace that is next to it. The AG bc1 will finish in 11 weeks I think. the Panama will need 12 to 14 it looks like.

6 Likes

A friend and I chopped a Panama Red that hadn’t started flowering yet - in 1979. We got quite wasted from the leaves, just sayin’.

7 Likes

Omg right? There were more seeds than weed, and now I would use them all. Lol. At the time I cursed at the seeds. Now I welcome them.

4 Likes

So here is preggo Oaxacan @53 days.

18 Likes

@420noob…You running 12/12 from seed?

1 Like

No. This was a clone not from seed. Put her into flower at 13 inches though :rofl:.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was just reading how its 12/12 all year that close to the equator

I think 12/12 can be less stressful than cutting veg short which you invariably do with stretchy sativas

That way they get smooth ride all the way rather than jarring change before they reach maturity

Those are great…filling in some nice buds…How long you think she’ll go?

3 Likes

Not buds seeds lol I wish they were that dense. All the others of her went about 13 wks. The last one went a bit longer but she wouldn’t stop throwing pistils( had my light to close :rofl:). I have only grown a couple of sativas and not many more plants so I’m just learning. Here’s a clone that I turned into a mother I guess lol.

9 Likes

There’s still a bit of daylight difference in Oaxaca, but you’re right, its not much. It goes from 13 to 11 hrs roughly, from June to December. Probably not a bad idea to veg at 14 or 16 on hours, but I’ve done 24 on with these with no issues. I only do it for the heat. It’s a good idea to do 15 on or so for veg. Some do 14 on. Saves electricity and could be less stressful.
@420noob lots of beans forming. Did that last round do anything?

7 Likes