Very European : )

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Now I need one!

2 Likes

Go for it , it’s not a gimmick , works extremely well

@mota is trying another brand after playing football with his roor one

Maybe he can compare the two

1 Like

I’m stuck on my volcano. It’s my 2nd one. And I wouldn’t have any other vape. Beats coughing and hacking from smoking a bong. I still like my joints, getting some cones as we speak. :crazy_face:. Also I like to dab with my e nail setup. Nice twerpy dabs. :rofl:

3 Likes

Try the carbon adaptor @Pawsfodocaws , transforms the bong

2 Likes

Here’s a homebrewed Vaporizer that opens up a whole new way to appreciate the terps released at low temperatures. I’ve used this one for a decade now and appreciate how easy it is on my Grouchy Old Lungs!

5 Likes

Might have to. I like bongs and all., my lungs aren’t the best anymore…

1 Like

It’s the yellow smoke full of unburnt carbon that’s irritating lungs
With carbon filter smoke is white and smooth
They cheap for what they do ( get glass adaptor type that fit between bowl and can )
30-40 dollars and refillable of course , no brainer

2 Likes

Right on I guess that would elude to the yellow loogies from coughing. Almost every hit. It outs me off like he’ll. I’m firing up my volcano right now…just hit my bong and almost threw up from the smoke. New water too.

1 Like

I e not used the two you mentioned, but I did go through a couple of paxs a couple years back. They work, but relying on a battery is for the fucking birds.

Grab a Dyna vap, you won’t regret it. And the price point can be really low if you wanna just dip your toes. I would suggest you also get the Armored cap, brings the experience really close to smoking. And you can drop them into your bong slide for a total babylungs experience haha.

3 Likes

Since you recommend it and it truly is a cheaper option from what I’ve seen, my local vape shop has one I’ve been looking at forever, when I’ve got some scratch I’ll make ‘em an offer they can’t refuse :wink:

1 Like

I love my activated carbon filter! I loved the RooR, but broke it and would have had to order a new one from Germany as I was unable to find a North American supplier. That was a real problem for me since I live in the US. When I originally bought my RooR, the shipping cost more than the item itself. That sucked, so I searched out another company’s equivalent and found Scientific Inhalations, ScientificInhalations. In addition to being less expensive, it got to me significantly quicker. Win-win for me.

I think I’m also going to order one of their triple-filtered pipes. The carbon filter alone works great, but I believe for these old lungs more filtering will be even better. This pipe utilizes both an activated carbon filter and cotton. You can see the cotton below the mouthpiece.

I don’t hit my bong without one of these filters. I keep a bong at my son’s house and it has a carbon filter of its own. That’s how serious I am about these filters.

Do yourself a favor and invest in one for yourself!

9 Likes

Oh I definitely want one when I can afford it, thank you very much for the link @mota i can’t believe I didn’t know these existed :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I had a Volcano and it was okay. I simply didn’t find the high the same as smoking flower as opposed to vaping flower. It simply isn’t the same experience. I should also mention that I’m not all that into concentrates for the same reason. I love the full flower experience, and find vaping just doesn’t deliver that same experience.

8 Likes

Btw @mota i love your bong! Classy AF! :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I could not have said it better…grew up smoking joints, going out with one in my mouth
Sold my Volcano after ONE use, lol

4 Likes

I bought myself a vaporite digit cheap vaporizer and smashed the wooden box to pieces because the airflow wasn’t right, so I made a new housing that held the heating element aimed towards the ground, so I could hang the whip on it. That worked absolutely marvelous for years before my youngest grey hair generator decided to take a swing at it, throwing the piece off the windowsill breaking it into 4 pieces. I’ll fix it up again eventually but that was really one of those experiences where I just say fuck it for months before gathering the will to fix it again.

I also have a few (3) dynavaps but I find the airflow of dynavaps wanting so I don’t end up using them much.

Bong is still my most preferred method because of adaptability to smaller or larger portions, joints for when I want to smoke some more throughout the day and for when the bong makes me cough up a lung.

The disposable vape things have caused me more lung pains and inability to take bong hits over the course of 6 months, than smoking weed has caused my lungs trouble in my life (smoked for over half of my life and in my 30’s)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the triple filtered would be worth the coin , plus you will have to clear bong thru the cotton ( restrictive )

Best to go a simple tube stemless bong instead maybe , like you where considering , with ice catcher of course : )

Stuff some cotton in neck of bong you got and see if doable @mota befor splashing out maybe

I think with the carbon and perc ( double filtered ) all the bad is already removed and what’s left cooled , can’t see the cotton doing much at the stage / place it is at

3 Likes

Thankfully not all carts are so bad, but it’s sad to hear about all the jank ones. I mostly vape but smoke sometimes when I want to really shake up the snowglobe

My cousin gave me a Select 24K Gold with a regular 710 as my first cart, being Kosher Kush x Tangie it was quite good. Brands definitely matter

I shifted to the Pax for carts after, and that’s been solid and clean and never a problem except one time my Maui Wowie leaked out in my pocket. Not the biggest variety, but as has been mentioned in this thread, it’s high utility

Also tried the Pax herb vaporizer but it just didn’t do it for me. Looking to donate that to a light cannabis user. Turns out they now sell picks of infused herb for the thing (go figure) but that’ll never be my thing

I keep about a dozen vape strains on hand and it’s been enjoyable exploring strains—and sampling many over several hours on the reg—and then adding new finds to my spreadsheet that I’ve been using to track strains

The most interesting thing I’ve found is that there are methods to reinfuse carts with homemade cannabis oil. Definitely going to look into this, would be amazing to just breed and vape my own eventually

1 Like

Oh ye and Volcanos are great with friends, but they retain previously used oils which definitely affects flavor and misses a lot of the richness of the whole experience

2 Likes