Smoking vs Vaping

Hadn’t heard of this but i love the idea as a long time bong smoker!

2 Likes

Do it @Hamme : )

2 Likes

You bet i will @ifish it sounds a lot better than vaping to me!

Is the high the same as without the filter? (Not that i still get that high after building so much tolerance).

1 Like

Here is the deal with it @Hamme

Hit is the same , taste is less but cleaner fresher

Sometimes I feel most of the hit from bong is from chokin coughing lol
With carbon filter you can inhale all of contents without fear annnnnd hold it and then get proper hit

Smoke is still thick and pure white , only the bad yellow is removed

6 Likes

It’s like the filter removes the burnt plant material only and turns dirty yellow smoke to crisp white

4 Likes

I agree. It would be so much easier to travel with than either my 16" or 20" bong.

Again, I totally agree.

It doesn’t appear that you can (other than the filters themselves). Perhaps the company would be willing to do so, but they don’t advertise that.

The pipe I’m considering (the one pictured above) is 18mm, however, the “add-on” filters for your current piece come in both 14mm and 18mm.

I agree with @ifish on this point. The flavor is cleaner and fresher. I think I do, but it’s difficult to “objectively” evaluate whether I get the same level of buzz with the filter as without. That said, I get plenty fucked up using the filter.

I don’t hit the bong without a carbon filter.

I cannot thank @ifish enough for turning me on to the carbon filter! d8JBdDJ

3 Likes

If you think vaping may not be for you , the filter is the way to go

2 Likes

I cannot encourage you enough to make this small investment. I am more than confident that it will pay for itself in terms of how you feel after hitting the bong and in your general health.

1 Like

They only 40 , bargin : )

1 Like

Smoked bongs for ever ,now getting older got a Pax 3 ,had for about 1 year at first didn’t like it but after messing around with temps it is ok ,been smoking chemdog and sour thru it and the taste is wicked good ,it gets me baked but definitely will be looking at other vaps

2 Likes

I already have a bong so i should be ready with the device and some carbon!

2 Likes

I will certainly give it a try and it sounds very good! I am glad i stumbled upon this discussion because until tonight i had never heard of this carbon filter and a bong can be harsh on the throat sometimes.

2 Likes

It’s like “new bongs for old,” only it’s your same bong but reborn! You will be so stunned at how much better it tastes! smell

3 Likes

Give us a report when you do @Hamme : )

2 Likes

I’m about to place the order and certainly will report back.

Again, i am very happy to have run across this since my throat is killing me sometimes after a long night!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Looking into both of those now

1 Like

How often do you have to replace the carbon? Is it messy?

These sound awesome by the way.

1 Like

That’s an excellent question, and I honestly wish I could answer it.

There are at least two variables that come to mind (in addition to the fact that I’m a stoner (but you know all about that!) HA!). First, it depends on how much you smoke. I don’t smoke that much any more, typically 6 - 8 hits times a day. I think I change the carbon maybe once a month. The second variable is the size of the filter. ScientificInhalations offers several options. I have the larger of the two “stick” style filters, as opposed to the “ball” type filter (which is more like the RooR). (The exact filter I have isn’t in this picture.) I also want to note that they make a filtered steamroller and a filtered chillum.

4 Likes

Personally, I’m not sure about the carbon filters. Wouldn’t it take out some THC?

The difference between vaping and smoking is lots and lots of benzopyrene. Higher energy makes all the complex molecules rearrange their carbons into multicyclic soot that sneaks inbetween your DNA and messes it up. Carcinogens!

3 Likes

Even if the filter were to take say 10% of the thc , this is offset by the fact that you can actually get it into your lungs and hold , not waste it by choughing it into the air
A longer more pleasant experience / session = more baked
Also the heath benifits
Also the waaay cleaner bong
I feel that if the filter did remove the thc , it would remove most , if guaging how well it does the bad stuff , then no thc would be there which is not the case : )
Just have another bowl , that will fuck you up : )

How much thc is wasted coughing
Or a burning joint : )
Every method has some degree of waste ( think about it ) @RatsboggleBiological

3 Likes