The doctor is in. 5c

Hello any help for this

I did find some leaves that have been eaten by something. So i cleaned all the leaves and trimmed bits off to stop a spread (just in case)

Funny this is that it is only on 1 of the 4 plants in the room.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Definitely a pest, closely examine the plants and be sure to look on the undersides of the leaves. Hope it’s not spider mites :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hope not! You would find brown poo and white spots in the back of the leaves, I think they can be leaf miners:

Captura

There’s an easy way to find out:

To effectively rid plants of leaf miners with pesticide, in the early spring, place a few infected leaves in a ziplock bag and check the bag daily. When you see small black flies in the bag (which will be the leaf miner larva becoming adults), spray the plants daily for a week.

Read more at Gardening Know How: How To Rid Plants Of Leaf Miners

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/leaf-miner-control.htm

4 Likes

That doesn’t look like anything to be alarmed about unless you see it getting worse or notice actual bugs/eggs/droppings.

I dont see any bugs on the plants. But its strange that its only on 1 of the 4 plants that is near them.

Ill bag an infected leaf and check it out.
Fingeres cross that its nothing i cant handle.

You guys are worth the 5 cents.

2 Likes

I had something similar on one (out of 5 autos in the same pot) and cut the damaged leaf off… it`s growing nicely now…
The pot was outside for a while in bad weather.
The damaged plant had a shiny liquid slimey stuff on the leaves, I still wonder what is was. The shiny stuff damaged some leaves… in 2 days the damaged spots became brownish and the leaf was slowly dying
.I have no more probs now

2 Likes

Sounds like that tracks left by snails or slugs.

Cheers
G

that happened after I moved them inside, and it did not look like snail tracks at all - also when they were outside they stood on higher ground and checked daily, moved inside during the night under a SIL.
It looked more like water but did not go away when brushing with my fingers, it stuck to the leaf…
L.e: it was not sticky when touched, and only got away when brushing the leaves with my fingers+saliva
Weird

1 Like

That’s a cool puzzle!..

Possibly a slime mold? Some of them will attack plants but I don’t recall ever hearing of them going after cannabis…

Cheers
G

1 Like

I don t know what to think, I re-read the Sick Plants and Pests thread but found nothing similar… the shiny stuff appeared outta nowhere one night, the 2nd day it killed the leaf, and tried to spread to other plants, but I have cleaned those leaves with saliva :nauseated_face:

L.E.: the damage after one day was brown spots and papery leaves

1 Like

In case anyone was interested this is my grow closet.

Update. Kept an eye on the problem leaf. And it better now. It will be fine as its a new grow. So when it comes time to defoliant it will be gone.

5 Likes