The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

This years Oaxaca football😁 potency increased in a week. This weekend I’ll jar it up.

28 Likes

I’m not ok
I’m very far from home, without money and without home lol. I’m living on my job place lol
Right now life sucks! Hahaha but is part of the show i guess.
I’m trying to back to home soon as possible to start to grow again, i’ll be working all those interesting mexican seeds for sure. (Caca de cabra seeds)

49 Likes

25 Likes

I have to make a choice with my oaxacans
I grew out 6 of @Upstate
upstate oaxacans and then I had volunteers come up in March…I will call those g2
. I grew out two of the remaining seeds from last year. These I’ll call g1
I have three males and 6 or.more females
All.my plants last year were pearl phenos
I didn’t have a silversides pheno

Here’s my dilemna…one of my g1s is a male
2 of my g2s are males
Should I keep all thr males alive or kill the g2 males and let one g1 male breed all my females
This would restrict the gene pool and bring the old genes to the front so to speak
What would you do?

5 Likes

I’ll say a prayer that your situation improves soon. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out why things happen to us, but somewhere down the road, you’ll look back and understand that this part of your life was necessary. Keep your chin up brother. Better days are coming.

16 Likes

Depends if you want to start your own line or not.
One thing when maintaining landraces, o anything else…without selections the plants become less potent in many cases. For that reason I would choose your best male. If there is not a clear winner, use each of the three of them on separate branches and tag them. Pass out some seeds, and see which of the males was the best, Or next summer plant a few from each one to find out.

17 Likes

Try to stay positive the best you can!
Tomorrow always brings new challenges & opportunities, keep your eyes open!
Travel safely and make it home!
Can always ask for advice when needed from OG’ERS at the minimum! @Elchischas

10 Likes

Yeah, Elchichas …will pray for you also…

Youll find it and things get better

Always pray in difficult times…I do …And I have no idea how things get done…but they do!

It helps you release it off of you…Having that guidance works for me

4 Likes

Lot of love and hard work right there in the palm of your hand.They look wonderful safe travels hope things look up

4 Likes

That sounds tough Elchischas, I wish for you that doesn’t last too much longer and you make it back to the garden with renewed vigour. You’ll be appreciating natures bounty all the more after this. Hope you have some time for garden planning to help keep you connected to the source.

4 Likes

I really appreciate your words
I am trying to return home, the only way is to return with my job, I work for the government of my country and I am waiting for a positive response so I can return again.
Trying a lot to stay positive all the time
Hard to do that…

17 Likes

You right bro,praying is one of the best things I can do.
But some days i feel really weak.

13 Likes

Thanks bro,eventually i’ll be sharing the love with the community…
Peace.

13 Likes

Thanks for your words
I’m trying hard to back home soon.
only a stupid piece of paper prevents me from returning home.
I am fighting so that this can be solved
I’m having a really hard time here

10 Likes

I hope things will be better soon my friend @Elchischas, life can be hard sometimes… A big hug

3 Likes

Gracias hermano!
I really apreciated your words
Have a blessed day everyone

7 Likes

You have to convince yourself you are strong!

And you are going to make it no matter what…

God will always tell us we are gonna make it…just keep on going!

Ask God for the strength you need

Tell yourself what a good guy you are

And how valuable what you have to offer is!

Its True!

Works for me

4 Likes

Mind over matter!

3 Likes

Keep your chin up bud. Being stuck away from home sucks especially when it’s a simple piece of paper holding you up. Just think of the growing you plan on doing when you get home! Praying and sending positive vibes your way brother!

4 Likes

@Elchischas Siempre eres bienvenido en Zacatecas Chischas, mucho ánimo. Saludos a todos en el foro, vivo enamorado de sus semillas únicas en el mundo. Keep growing mexican weed!
Espero pronto Zacatecas tenga algo que ofrecer a todos en este foro…

4 Likes