The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

Thanks bro! And thanks to all fir the kind of words
:pray:

1 Like

Gracias hermano!
Estoy tratando de regresar a mí tierra
Aguascalientes, es solo esperar a que se pueda hacer el movimiento.si vives en Zacatecas
Quizás podamos charla algún día no muy lejano.

3 Likes

Talking about Mexican weed

Old Dolores, Mexican heirloom

Grower wrote

This is a rare and obscure heirloom I was given. One of the more unusual plants I have grown. Not much smell until the very end. Thyme and a bit of citrus. THC was lower than most but with a settle high and before you know it you have been working with an energized effect, clear and uplifting.

Myrcene: 6.4 mg/g
Limonene: 5.9 mg/g
Humulene: 4.8 mg/g
Valencene: 1.2 mg/g
Caryophyllene oxide: 1.2 mg/g
Phytol: 0.8 mg/g
B-Caryophyllene: 1.8 mg/g

35 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

I got Jerry’s book but spanish version
Fortunately the Guerrero Mountains farmers still preserving the same seeds. Now they also grow hybrids but keep the old sativas pure too
I hope show some of it anytime soon, now is really difficult for me.

14 Likes

What @upstate said. Then send me some G1 pollen please.

1 Like

The use of marijuana in Mexico​

It is said that the Franciscan Bishop Juan de Zumárraga claimed that marijuana was what the indigenous people needed “to be happy.”

According to Juan Pablo García-Vallejo, in his book The Dissipated History of Marijuana in Mexico, he refers to Jesuit priests as the first to spread the medicinal use of hemp in northwestern Mexico.
García-Vallejo also says that the use of cannabis was also transmitted by African slaves, who never abandoned their ritual medicine and cults. It was the shamans and healers who adopted this knowledge.

The indigenous population of Mexico already had a tradition for the ritual and medicinal use of natural substances such as God’s meat or teonanácatl (mushrooms), peyote, toloatzin (seed of the virgin) and picietl or yetl known as rustic nicotine ( tobacco). Therefore, when marijuana arrived in Mexico, they quickly discovered the benefits of consuming it both for daily life and for religious use.

It is possible that smoked marijuana also began to be consumed at that time, since in 1550 Viceroy Luis de Velasco y Ruiz de Alarcón limited its use because “the natives began to use it for something other than creating strings.”

On its medicinal use, centuries later, texts such as that of Juan de Esteyneffer in his treatise Florilegio medicinal de todos los diseases of 1712 affirmed that hemp seeds were used in horchata against gonorrhea, or that scrubs and baths served to regularize the menstrual cycle or to reduce the abundance of milk after delivery. Years later, in 1772, José Antonio Alzate in Memoria sobre la Indians use pipiltzintzintlis describes that this plant produced a calming effect and could be used against muscle and toothache pain.

European doctors began to spread the word about the pharmacological use of cannabis. In fact, Queen Victoria used it to relieve menstrual cramps. When the news reached Mexico, Mexican doctors incorporated various marijuana remedies into their recipe books to cure different ailments such as hemorrhoids, colic, intestinal humors, hemorrhages, joint pain, among others.

In a story by Guillermo Prieto from 1857, he ethnographically describes the unusual customs of an Otomí indigenous community in the municipality of San Juan del Río, Querétaro, whose caciques - in a ritual-divinatory experience - smoked marijuana to in a cannabis trance judge whether the marriage of their children should or should not be realized.

Towards 1860 it was common, in the press of Mexico City, advertising: 'Indian Cigars of Cannabis indica ', marketed by Grimault and Company, Paris pharmacists.

18 Likes

@DainIronFoot
Will do buddy…
I cut the no smell droopy leaf pheno leaving the g1 male a stinky garlic bo type.male and one with the lime smell
So three males left

3 Likes

Good to hear that the farmers keep the sativa’s aka nld varieties pure too in the Guerrero Mountains and not going only for the hype of modern hybrids.

5 Likes

Mix them if you wish. I will do a second backcross to the Oaxacan Blueberry bx1. I need to run the Oaxacan seeds you sent but I am maxed out plant count wise just now.

@Upstate check it out…Its the Football :smile: :smiley:

In that last pic up there!

1 Like

Interesting facts, thanks for share. recently contacted another Mexican grower from the southern mountains of Jalisco, he has seeds from a Mexican landrace from Jalisco
I spoke with him and he told me about the origin of that line. It’s a story from his grandfather
A rich family from Spain arrived to that town in Jalisco in 1938, they brought cannabis seeds from Africa (Morocco) with them to start growing them in that region. the goal was to have cannabis available for medicinal use.
It is interesting because there are still few Mexican heirloom lines of cannabis whose origin can be known.
This its his photo

This other photo its from another méxican grower from the same area, I talked with him a few months ago, but it seems to be the same Strain.

27 Likes

Well to be honest still many pure mexican sativas around. Most of it just grows in small amounts, It is only distributed on certains areas. That’s why is hard for the Foreigner score the old ones.

12 Likes

Im just finishing up beldia and it does have a similar trait near stem of fan leaves.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, but don’t forget the pharmaceutical companies in the past too.

8 Likes

Scanlan’s Monthly August 1970

15 Likes

19 Likes

I can pull.some pollen from the selected.males but they are gonna all shoot their wads and knock up the 6 oaxan girls and the three cambodian girls…there will be lots.of mixed seeds. I.woll identify by females but won’t know daddies.

1 Like

14 Likes