The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

It’s a shame that it disappeared from circulation… they say that primera dama could be Pollyanna but I have some doubts…

2 Likes

Haven’t found any plant pics of Pollyanna from that time yet to compare with Primera Dama.

2 Likes

Me neither, but I’ve grown primera dama several times and it seems more like an indi dominant hybrid (however our friend @Elchischas told me it was different once)
@Elchischas correct me if I remember wrong…

2 Likes

Great info!
You are right
There’s was many different ways that the cannabis arrives to México. Many different Strains came here
Unfortunately many are gone forever
But still some hiding on the Mountains. Unfortunately no names or so much info
Like this one from South central area.

27 Likes

Yes are two different lines
Primera dama was a hybrid, Mario get the mexican Strain from Robert Clarke and made primera dama
I put the original mexican seeds photo of that mexican from Robert Clarke that one spanish grower get from Mario B.

5 Likes

This its the Robert Clarke mexican seeds @Willydread @mexcurandero420
Probably Mario B. Still got it.

21 Likes

Interesting and thnx for showing us.

3 Likes

isnt Highland Guerro - Cryptic Labs the Line from Robert Clarke but in pure form?
so i thought-

1 Like

As far as I know
No
I’m just know the one that give to Mario Bellandi of Delicatessen seeds

5 Likes

24 Likes

@Elchischas gracias Hermano! As always, you are a precious info dispenser :green_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks to you bro!
Thanks for share your photos

5 Likes

Funny how much they look like Thai! @mexcurandero420 and you wouldn’t think the stuff would be good for smoking at all but NO! Those buds are lightning if you get the right girl. Only had some good Thai and DJ said that the Oaxaca was his fave. I am thinking something mountain grown and cold tolerant well that is special!

3 Likes

I got seeds from Puebla area, specially near Vulcano Popocatépetl. There’s many Strains on that area

27 Likes

Pretty nld shaped and grown near a volcano means very fertile soil, which is good for the terpenes and cannabinoid production due the mineral content in the soil.

5 Likes

That’s right, Vulcano’s give to the plants a lot of nutrients.
a group of friends and I are working and rescuing genetics
We have found so many old and interesting things
the problem is that many times we do not know the origin of the varieties
because you acquire the buds in a city, but the plants were planted in a location far from there
we must have to continue working to be able to classify and know what type of pure sativas there are still in Mexico
photos of another interesting line found

32 Likes

Beautiful and from which part of Mexico is this one coming from?

Do you something about Mexican red hair?

3 Likes

I believe it’s come from the Mountains of the South central México, hard to know to be honest
There’s still many traditional cannabis spots on that area.
I know about at least three different méxican red hair from here: one from Michoacán,one from Puebla and one from Oaxaca. Its really probably that we already got all, but a lack of space here and no enough time to test all the Strains that we already got.

15 Likes

First photo reminds me of this plant in Nepal, when we look to the structure

16 Likes

Some mexican plants can be really tall like 7 mts
My cross 12 fingers grow really tall, even more than 7 mts.
By the way that photo is from Alex Fariña a.k.a “Alex” , “la mano negra” “ho chi min” ?
Its familiar to me,i remember those years when he used to grow on Lanzarote island.

9 Likes