The tale of 2 tents: Been back 2 days let’s grow

I do not want any organic in my octos
Counter productive

I use either roots 4 or promix
Add in 25 percent perlite
That’s all I use

3 Likes

Huh. Why counter productive? :face_with_monocle:

I admit I don’t understand the “Two Root Systems” that Octo-Chris says is crucial to the method. Seems to me that you’d ideally want to “Feed” both root systems exactly what they most favor.

Also seems that the ideal feed would be different for the DWC roots in water, and the upper root system in soil.

My last octo harvest I noticed that both root balls (soil & Rez) were about the same size in most of the plants. Was that because the upper root system loved those soil-bound nutes in my enriched compost? It’s a mystery.

Pls don’t misunderstand, I’m genuinely hopeful you can shed some light on this.

Respect,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:
Octo-Gurus who will prolly be interested: @syn @firehead @Floyd @ShiskaberrySavior @Papalag @SaintAliasKnife @Enjoi802. @Joker (and many others…)

5 Likes

So what actually happens ( I have split bags 6 weeks into flower to see) is the plant sets up like 4 to 5 zones not 2 .
Chris is talking about two different types of roots .

What his system does is set up gradient wet zones from net pot to top . Each has different wetness . Plant decides where to set what roots . You need 12 inches to make gradient work right : why you use the tall sleeve not shorter ones .

I do not want any organic in my pots as it confuses the plant . Plant will pull and store nutes it wants in the different zones . The live material at net pot will confuse plant .

It will also stop the natural progression of the roots into the zones .
How I know? Tried it .

Works poor with living soil or any soil for that matter . Doesn’t wick properly doesn’t dry right just makes a mess too .

Why I use inert feed what I want to feed . Letvplant decide where to store it and when to use it and how much .

Chris is a genius , spent a few hours talking to him .

I WILL NOT RE ENGINEER HIS PERFECT SYSTEM

10 Likes

Hey @50State

Gotta love the pic
Who is she ??

2 Likes

Thanks for asking. She, is my Long Tall Sally, Acapulco Gold Repo run thanks to seed from @lambchopedd and the loyal cheerleaders at:

OG down to the shoe leather!
-Grouchy

4 Likes

GF got me a new shirt I like

16 Likes

Home super early, got to play plants. Up potted S.M 3 , couple others. Checked the clones , all doing great, cranked light to see if they can handle it. From their looks ALL came off mature older plants, will flower on flip instantly i bet. Pretty sure they can handle some lumens so set them at 800 par , light backed off a touch .

Big girl tent good too. 1/2 of the rez’s are dry already, they are sucking the sauce. Gonna get 1-2 days dry off, fill them 1/2 way up with last hit of big N .Still feeding veg food, this will be last veg feed. I use Forward Growing(IFISH :heart_eyes:) (Papalag) so the first 2 weeks of the stretch, im building leaf and stems, not bud, so bulking N. Next feed will lose the N .

Some of the ladies.

The thing known as TRUCK @Islayhearts creation? It is sitting on a 24 inch pot, the others are not. It is a fat squat lil , whatever it is.

12 Likes

Orange Goji in little pot, ahead of big sisters in the Octopot

20 Likes

12 Likes

23 Likes

So I need another 4by 4 tent . One I pulled out is done zippers all broken

Need it quick have to do Amazon or local

Any suggestions on a tent ???

Know my light intensity is a touch too high
See the “praying “

Gonna back them off a touch tonight
Gonna do as Ifish recors

@ifish

He told me this

Brilliant !!

Have a look at canopy
Look for tallest top that isn’t praaying , then measure to light

Now go to tallest top
and raise light so it’s that same distance

10 Likes

Thanks @ifish great damn tip

Gonna add it to my arsenal

2 Likes

@ifish

GREAT EYE MANG!!! Thanks, checked par, 1256 @ canopy, WHY the “pray” . Most think iot is a sign of good happy plants, we know better. Thanks to you.

Lights went up 6 inchs , canopy now 900 or so…see how they look in the morning.

SO COOL i have a Master watching my back…KEEP IT UP, chime in if i get out of bounds please!

2 Likes

Fucking Octo’s are AMAZING!!! Stupid plants going nuts, need another defol NOW!! Can wait till the morning.

S.M. 3 is getting huge and FATT!!! The Haze’s are throwing giant leaf now, sign they are happy happy!!!

Big tent…oh yeah, all rez’s bone dry this evening, got their last fill up on N tonight. No more ladies, next fill up is high test bud shit, lol!!!

This fill was @500% of my normal feed!!! They are asking for it, i gave it to them. 5 times my last run nutes. The lights, The CO2, the air moving, the right humidity…its WORKING WELL!!!

Hey @Meesh …gonna be a beautiful run, your gonna love the pay back!!! :sunglasses: Hope you know whether im here or not, i am good for it!!! :sunglasses:

Big tent:

S.M. 3 doing her thing

Cleaned out the Mom tent. I have seeds of OGAH and Orange Goji, WHY did i take cuts. NOT gonna run them next round, will have plenty from this round. I did keep S.M. 3, had to, know she will ROCK! Mom tent now nice and straight n clean…well, will be clean tomorrow. They got their 1st fill up tonight, untie them in the morning, got 5 days to let them run before the flip

Peace,

Jet

19 Likes

@ifish , @Papalag

Hey either of you on now???

@Meesh on deck tonight, Sour Dubb!!! :yum:

1 Like

Grove Bag’s arrived tonight.

Mine do not smell, maybe a touch, nothing like i have heard. Cant wait to try them but will be awhile yet :crazy_face:

Got plenty, 4 different sizes, like the look and feel of them, HATE fucking with jars, hope these work well

5 Likes

I have a bunch of those but have not had a chance to give them a decent chance due to my last 2 runs being seed runs.

2 Likes

I will give them a good test. I hate burping jars. When i pull down it is usually large, burping 100 jars SUCKS!!!

1 Like