There's nothing wrong with feminized seeds, and the sky isn't falling

So just anecdotal, cool.

You know what the plural of anecdote is? “Evidence.”

Are you disputing that a given sprouting of cannabis seed WILL produce more males under harsh environmental conditions than they would otherwise if conditions were nicer? A fact which has been observed and reported since the beginning of time?

Why is that, exactly, if the sex trait is really fixed from birth as many seem to believe?

1 Like

I just wanna back the statement he isnt actually wrong…yet…we dont know when sex happens.
Im not liking posts, just in the convo. He’s flamboyant, but he aint emphatically wrong in his stance.
@o_o

4 Likes

Nope, he’s not, I just think he’s coming in here with an awful lot of certainty and nothing even remotely evidence-like and telling everyone they’re wrong… frankly, I’m not sure either whether environmental factors contribute to sexing, I just don’t think anyone knows for certain.

5 Likes

Hey @Mudballs another poster like you that believes in anecdotal experience over everything. You two are like peas in a pod :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wrong, no

Toeing the line with the insults like WCC…maybe.

Keep this on track and make a good discussion… there’s a small fraction of good dialogue left around here.

Discuss, swap ideas and theory, and grow as a community… no reason for any hate

10 Likes

I just think he’s coming in here with an awful lot of certainty and nothing even remotely evidence-like and telling everyone they’re wrong

Protip: You’re not “everyone.” Some people are quite capable of noticing obvious facts. Others diggedly insist on ignoring and refusing truth that their lying eyes are telling them.

Once again: If sex is really fixed from birth before the seed even sprouts, why does one get more males or more females under different growing conditions? Explain that shit.

I’m not sure either whether environmental factors contribute to sexing, I just don’t think anyone knows for certain.

Anyone who has been growing weed for more than a year or two knows it. It’s common knowledge.

I came here because the title screams, “I wanna argue with people”. :popcorn:

15 Likes

There is a ‘fine line’ there… studies have shown that an excess of Boron in the formative years will create a ‘gullibility gap’…(/s) :rofl:

Cheers
G

16 Likes

Once again: If sex is really fixed from birth before the seed even sprouts, why does one get more males or more females under different growing conditions? Explain that shit.
I am of the opinion population stresses and environment cue epigenetic emphasis on natural selection biological mechanisms. These external cues can influence how the mother plants hormones react to pollination, and this chain reaction may be able to be traced all the way to sex determinate gamete sorting

5 Likes

Ok i dont wanna play anymore, you guys play too rough…my think hurts,lol.

2 Likes

100% valid hypothesis, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find it’s true once there’s been a little more scientific research into the plant. That’s something that will more likely happen with legalization and corporate interests. I know I don’t have the time, space or money to be growing large enough crops to be statistically significant in a scientific study, much less growing them with the intent to screw them up in order to prove something. :wink: I just don’t want to listen to another basement, backyard or small commercial grower (you know, the kind of person who’d be wasting their time with coming to a forum like this to argue) telling everyone how it is when they don’t actually know, and have even less patience for insults coming from them.

5 Likes

I smoke to much weed for this, see y’all. ezgif.com-gif-maker (12)

7 Likes

Yes, but it cannot detect intersex.

Those would be female plants displaying intersex tendencies.

Nope, I disagree. You stress one of those female-female crosses and you get intersex plants.

10 Likes

If what’s in front of my eyes is gobbledygook

4 Likes

Every plant has the ability to herm if you treat it like shit…

No I will say I agree with the hipster crosses are getting out of hand… Shit be like “oh this zkittles is awesome… Imma cross it to my 15 different clones and then sell the seeds at 350$/5pk but I’m not gonna test them, just throw them into the ether…oh you got a herm? Must have been your fault, my genetics are clean”

11 Likes

imagine being such a loser that you have to join a gardening forum to yell wrong things at people. Lmao ignored

7 Likes

All this talk of feminization sounds like he’s never had a girlfriend either.

6 Likes

Holy shit-balls Batman! This feels like one of those prove me wrong shitposts. I don’t agree with assertions without proof though. No “expert” is an expert on anecdotal evidence alone. Backup your claims that flout in the face of what’s generally accepted or kick rocks.

4 Likes

Ouch! that’s a 2 pointer… :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Why are you wasting your time with this moronic troll. Flag him and move on.

1 Like