This Page is Corrupt!

Haha. Do you mix the neem, silica, and aloe together or seperate?

2 Likes

I use two types of aloe the powder or the jug from Walmart. I mix aloe into water first. Heat a separate coffee cup of water for minute, and mix neem and silica in that cup. Then pour that into sprayer of water and aloe. The warm water and silica helps the neem emulsify. You can also use fresh aloe.

4 Likes

That sounds like and awesome mix. Do you have pretty good results with it? What kind of silica are you using and what is the mixing ratio?

1 Like

FWIW I’m keeping my bT sprayer dedicated to bT; the neem & the essential oils stuff leave a residue. Last years’ essential oil aromas are still in there. :sweat_smile:

Also trying to clean it a lot so no NON-bT shit takes over & I end up spraying some indigenous salmonella or some shit. :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Good call. I almost broke down the other day and bought a new sprayer but couldnt justify. Now i have reason. What does FWIW mean?

2 Likes

heheh “For What(ever) Its Worth”

:evergreen_tree: Jack & :poop: :laughing: & jack just left town

1 Like

The plants seem to be strong. I’m not growing huge plants oz to 5. Indoors. I have it written 2.5 ml to a gallon. I use a 1:1 ratio neem:silica. I use dyna gro protekkt. Others are cheaper(ag sil)and I’ve seen some that are ph neutral(recycle sil)

1 Like

I use a toilet bowl brush to clean it or I’ll use dr Bronner and then just foliar it or water with it. I also can smell the EO and soap so I haven’t been concerned. Smells clean lol.

1 Like

Do you use 2.5 ml of each additive for the gallon?

1 Like

Of silica and neem yes. The aloe is 1/4 to 1/2 cup liquid or a tsp to tbsp of the powder.

1 Like

Beautiful. I have powdered silica. What would your usage recommendations be for that?

1 Like

Just got done putting in some time in the Jeff Spicoli memorial garden. The neem/Bt spraying seems to be doing a good job warding off the pests. I saw a lot of Japanese Beetles out there today but they were not doing much eating of the leafs.

10 Likes

Dragonblood Hashplant bleeder!

8 Likes

Spraying a little Bt and some water. It’s been extremely dry and hot for the past 10 days or so. Worst is yet to come this weekend. Ill take it tho. Got some bonus veggie garden pics too. Stay cool everybody.

6 Likes

Another great night at Spicoli Farms. Sprayed some neem and hoed some weeds out of the garden. The past few days rained. Now it is looking sunny for the next 4 or 5 days. Peace, love, and prosperity all.

9 Likes

Update action. Things moving along nicely. Last night i did some top dressing followed up by watering on some Recharge then sprayed neem oil. Some of these plants are now taller than me. One plant in not liking it too much as you can see by the spots on the leafs. Not sure why its happening. Also a couple pictures of some huge zucchini.

7 Likes

@hewhocoruptz Looking great
I have some outdoors not far behind yours, I am willing to bet you are in the N/E US in a legal state of course. Can I ask if I am close?
Thanks, you getting and bud sites yet? I have only Veg so far.

2 Likes

Looks like spider mites, look under the spotted leaves with a magnifying glass.

I live in Michigan in the west coast. But yeah legal state and no pre flowers yet. This is my first year with the outdoor so this aspect is pretty new so far.

2 Likes

Thats what my initial thought was also but I could not see any. Im wondering if this one had a bad reaction the neem oil ive been spraying.

3 Likes