This Page is Corrupt!

Quick garden visit last night. Just gave them a little water. Things are starting to get real big real fast. Ill definetly be tying these plants down next year and also spacing them out more. I figure this is the trial year to find where my mistakes are and correct from there. Have a good day everyone.

11 Likes

Well I lost a plant friday due to an error on my part. Never put a ring of vasoline around the main stalk to deter bugs from crawling up it. Stuff doesnt go away and eventually deteriorates the stalk thus weakening the plant. I did this to all the plants so i did the best i could to remove it. Ive also noticed some purpleing of some preflowers also. Not sure what that means. Anyone have any ideas? Pictures will be below.

7 Likes

could be cooler night temps or pH rising or just a purple variety…

as far as critter traps, check out “tree tanglefoot” it’s made for just that or use a diy paper collar to keep the lube off the plant.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

I was thinking it could be a strain thing but just about all of the plants have the purple going on and there are a few different varieties. Im leaning more towards ph in this circumstance. You said it was because the ph is too high?

1 Like

Yeah as pH climbs the stems will go purple(eventually all over) & they go all crazy colors as nutrients become available in different amounts.

IIRC it’s the immobile phosphorus & something to do with anthocyanin (makes red leaves on trees infall, etc)

1 Like

Just picked some of this up. $10 is worth some testing.

4 Likes

Out visiting the garden this evening. Gave them some of that bloom tea i picked up today. 1tbs per gallon of water. Things are growing well. Got some cool purple/pink colors starting to form. The cali-o x durban are expressing the most color thus far.

6 Likes

Plants r looking great have ya figured you the spotting yet on them? May be try checking them out at night to see if ya can find the culprit.

Thanks! I haven’t figured it out yet but the one with the most spots had to do with the vasoline i applied to the main stalk. Just a thought. Since i took the vasoline off the spotting on the new growth isnt nearly as bad. Now with the pest issues i have stopped spraying the neem oil since they are starting show flowers.

1 Like

Lots of things happening in my neck of the woods. Mixed up a fresh batch of soil for the next indoor last Thursday

Yesterday I got the seeds for the indoor planted

Then finished the day off by visiting Spicoli Farms

6 Likes

Nice, looks like a good soil mix. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Thanks. This is my third time around trying to get a good water only mix. Hopefully my past failures will lead to future success.

4 Likes

:clap:

That Skunk91 from @Craigson15 is my next strain & hunt for sure. :smile:

Been waiting to do that one for a while now.

Yeah man that is the one im most excited for. Im a fan of the chems. So many strains so little time

2 Likes

Got a few of the indoor plants starting to sprout. Always an exciting time.

6 Likes

Yesterday i got some work done. Put a greenhouse plastic/shitty painters plastic over the top of the structure. All but one plant is starting to bloom pretty good. Noticing some yellowing on the fan leafs on the main colas. Any feeding advice. Beatiful pink flowers tho.

9 Likes

Not too bad…I’m guilty of a bit of overwatering myself & think that’s probably leading to a little bit o N deficiency but nothing to stress over. Just reduce volume or frequency of irrigation.

:evergreen_tree: oh yeah, me too hahah

2 Likes

Today im going to give the ones that look like they need it most a good top dressin of some worm castings and maybe some other goodies. Im notorious at under feeding during bloom.

4 Likes

Went out for a bicycle ride this afternoon. If was perfect weather.

South end of Riverside Park

Middle of park

North end

Random garden pic inspired by @cannabissequoia

8 Likes

Nice day! :sunglasses: