Time to turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose!

Thanks for the encouraging words @Muleskinner. I often drive through the neighborhood and think I’ve spotted another grower. I’m so envious of you guys in the “promise land” that can get together and share growing knowledge and clones etc. Splendid Isolation is the name of the game in this old shithole state. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Olesckool

Sorry for the very tardy reply.

3 weeks should be able to take clones, but they will need to revert back to a vegetative growth pattern. So, get them to root and keep them in 18/6 and see how they fair. It is a little later than I like to take them, but it has been dome before, for sure.

2 Likes

Say hello to somebody else, lol.

Working to finish new veg area. Time for a lil’ break!

4 Likes

Veg area in small adjoining room in my shed. Coming along but I got late and it got tired! Will be moving the doomed girls in here to reveg and take cuttings. I can see heat issues in my future. I’m using my 400 MH turned down to 200 watts cause that’s all I have. If too hot I’ll try some screw in LEDs. Your thoughts? :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Area is 56"X42"x42" tall. Working out ventilation now. Will vent into main room of the shed either with a cool tube or exaggerated fan. 18/6 for this space.
Running out of bread for this project but determined to move in on Monday. 4X4 flower tent is jammed! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Nice job @oleskool830 …You got that up quick…hopefully the unexpected expansion wont hurt your wallet to much. I was going to comment about ventilation, but seems your on top of that.

What did you use to line the walls?

1 Like

Haha! That is a material that I got free from a friend. It is actually a pad that goes under laminate flooring. It happens to have a reflective side and a dark side. Was gonna paint the space white but this stuff provides a little insulation and at least some reflectivity. It’s about 1/8" thick. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Still need to trim up and improve the cosmetics of the space. Barring potential heat issues with the MH, it’s almost ready. :cowboy_hat_face:
I have seen people using this fixture. What watt led screw ins are best for this application?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322871966105

This is my favorite type of material. Good score!

1 Like

Hi @oleskool830

I am assuming that your grow shed is removed from your house? Depending upon your landscape surrounding your shed/house I would consider starting some tomatoes/peppers in containers. These could potentially provide a stealthy wall of legitimate vegetation behind which you may be able to conceal your illicit flowers.
This could maybe alleviate the upcoming summer heat that your grow shed will be subject to. Outside, under the sun plants seem to be more tolerant of heat than those indoors under lights.
I helped one of my sisters put in a backyard outdoor plot of cannabis in containers in Katy TX a few years ago. It was too hot for tomatoes to produce fruit, but they kept on growing, providing cover for the dread cannabis flowers. The jalapeño peppers never stopped producing, even though the temperature reached well over 100F many days.

In moving some/all of your plants outdoors you might not have to try and keep them cool enough indoors.
I thought SoFla was hot in the summer, until I tried growing plants outdoors in TX!
SoFla never gets above 96 or 97F.
In Katy it got up to 106F and stayed there for many days…Yikes! And just as humid as SoFla.
Anyway, my sister was able to enjoy a bountiful harvest of outdoor guerrilla buds devoid of TX legal recriminations!

I have provided cover with tomatoes for many a stealth outdoor garden over the years in a few highly illegal states

Just a stoned thought, because I know how hot your grow shed is gonna get soon!

4 Likes

Yes. My tomatos, peppers, raspberries all are on the visible and sunny side of my stand alone shed along with a couple of large Texas Laurels. Great idea to let the tomato plants grow to cover some short, topped bushes. Last year I grew a plant horizontally tied down to the ground from top to bottom. It was 90 today in the Hill Country! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

You may benefit from taking some of your plants out at the hottest part of the day, then moving them back in when cooler or for dark cycle.
Make your tomatoes tall enough to camouflage your cannabis by staking them up, indeterminates will keep growing and get as tall as you need them to be.
Regardless, best of luck bringing home your buds!

2 Likes

Need some guidance my brothers and sisters. I have the 5 females 3 weeks into flower. Would you take cuttings and cull the donor or take cuttings and keep her alive to go back to flower another day? :cowboy_hat_face: I’m at capacity in flower tent with 5 plants.
Or…just cull the excess plants, pop the next run in veg space and keep moving forward. A conundrum fo sho. I have a hard time killing healthy plants. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I would cull my extra plants and move on. Keep it simple. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Yep. I think I concur. No need to perpetuate a problem. Just needed to hear it from someone else! Thanks @ReikoX! :cowboy_hat_face: Just made my day much easier!

2 Likes

I will take some cuttings just because I need the practice. Thanks again! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Sometimes hitting the ratio jackpot can be a problem. But just for a moment you be like…“I’m Rich Bitch!” :cowboy_hat_face:

HOLY SHIT!!! Was inspecting and found these on about 5th node of my nice female. Are those freakin’ nanners?

:drooling_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Hi @oleskool830

“Nanners” typically appear in/on what looks like a nice flower as it ripens.
However, even with the fuzzy full size pic you provided, that football shape seems ominous to me.
Gadzooks, me thinks it is a male flower!
Sorry!

This is why vigilance is so important!
Good catch!

2 Likes