Time to turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose!

Hey Fam, I have a “grow philosophy” question. I got 10 females from 12 plants. I have a 4X4 flower tent. Too many plants! Should I trim them up and try and grow all 10 or cull to make room? It will be devastating to kill such beautiful females but crowding can be costly too. What to do? Your thoughts…:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

You can clone the ones you want to delay.

1 Like

I try not to crowd too much. I would clone and kill the smallest and grow out the strongest. Once you have tried all of them keep your favorite kill the undesired ones. Repeat ad nauseam. :grin:

3 Likes

Do you mean cut clones then eliminate plant from tent to make the needed room? That sounds like the best option actually. How many should I keep in my 4X4? They had an abbreviated veg so they aren’t huge. (14") thanx @99PerCent! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

If you think they won’t get huge, plan on it.

Try maybe four in 5 gallon containers and see how they fly.

2 Likes

I concur. I was thinking 5 but which five? The two that are tied down and responding to training (C99/Rom and LA Conf) and 3 Gorilla Giz. What if I reveg the other 5 and flower next round? Good problem to have they say, I’m not sure. Growers anxiety. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@99PerCent, can I take cuttings if these plants are 3 weeks into flower? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Maybe top the remaining 5 then reveg? Watchu think? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Plant eugenicist!!!

4 Likes

Ha! Ha! That is funny. :grin:

2 Likes

I know you’re right. Clone & kill huh? That shit is hard to do but until I have more flower room, so be it. Hit the ratio jackpot with no real upside. Bummed a little. All the plants are remarkable. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

If you want to experiment with strains and pheno’s it is a necessary practice. I go months without unplugging my heat mat for cloning. :grin:

3 Likes

Hey @oleskool830,
Re-veg what your not flowering ( AND take cuts) and leave the runt to veg for the long-run… after taking cuts) -flower the best however many you reckon you have room for… (just my opinion), what’s the gallon size of your final pots .?
Happy growing bud
Gaz

1 Like

Hey bro @Gaz29! Thanks for the response. Pots are 3 gal. I think I can do 5 in the tent. That leaves 5 flowering plants to reveg. (Sad) :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes! Creating a “master strain” :cowboy_hat_face: kill the weak and feed the strong!

3 Likes

How I wish that I knew someone to give these 5 stellar girls to. I’m going to reveg them, take clones, and possibly a mom will emerge from it all. Feverishly trying to finish veg chamber in adjoining room of the shed to put them in. This forces me to rethink my next round as I will have a tent full again with these “hold overs” and scheduled testers. Nobody say this shit is easy! Here’s some farewell pics of the doomed.

:sob:

4 Likes

I’m painting the inside of the new veg chamber. Flat white paint or glossy? Seems like I read somewhere that flat white was best. Most reflective tho? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yep right on track. Flat white paint will do the trick. Latex based.

I believe maylar is the next step up from flat white paint

this is the worst part about Prohibition, you probably have friends that are growing and you just don’t know it. I culled many nice females before legalization, now it never happens, there is always someone else with more room and it’s legal to move them around in the car. Which I also feared during Prohibition.

I wouldn’t feel bad about it, it’s good selection, pick the healthiest, best smellng ones and go with them.

3 Likes