Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

They grow mega fast. I started mine in 11 litre fabric pots and left till they finished 9 weeks from seed. If you want to up pot I’d do it sooner rather than later @Tinytuttle

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll pot one up and leave the other in it’s current cup … maybe this will give me practice for another up and coming beer cup challenge? Lol

5 Likes

Yeah an experiment to see the growth patten. My photos seem to grow better in 3 life pots than they did in the 11 litre ones. Obviously I had to feed more often though. Wait till the smell overwhelmes your grow room. It’s stunning.

3 Likes

What kind of smells and flavor profiles come off these girls then?

3 Likes

It’s a rotten fruit smell to me. Kind of like Cindy 99 but much sweeter smelling. I felt like leaving my grow tent door open and filling the house with it.

3 Likes

Going to try my hand at a different seed sprout tea this round been germinated for a few days now will probably grind this 1/4 cup amount into a gallon of water

10 Likes

I’ve had excellent success with autos in 3 gallon pots. Last summers got to almost 3 feet. My dark devils had purple pistils, wondering if you got a different pheno. Don’t know about the lowryder, but the dd’s have a wonderful spicy floral/citrus scent.

Put in final pot before flowering aka now

5 Likes

I hope I have a dark devil going on here!

4 Likes

To me the DD smelled like livewire mt dew and the divyders were like kapow in smell and potency

You could leave them in the original containers (I use solo cups) or you could transplant but I like starting an auto where its gonna finish…

Looking good though, can’t wait to see them next week :wink::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Did a little stem rub on some plants I detected a hint of juicy fruit gum .

4 Likes

I have had zero problems rooting them out first then transplanting before flower

4 Likes

I just start autos in their final pot. IME they don’t like transplanting.

:cowboy_hat_face::grin:

5 Likes

If you are an experienced gardener, you can be gentle enough to transplant autos. I may do this on my next auto run for a comparison. Watering a small plant in a big pot is tricky.

8 Likes

Lol I’d like to think I could be ,however I’m having a hard time getting Columbine seeds to sprout which kind of puts things into question.

5 Likes

At this point, I think only a master gardener can get those damn Columbines to sprout. UGH! Shoot, I’m on my 3rd round of petunias and for some reason I can’t get those to sprout either.

4 Likes

Those seeds can be tricky, they like cold/cool…and they will still take 3 weeks.
Part of the amazing fun of gardening is unlocking the trick, so you can get different, new seeds to
sprout consistently. And I love to watch a seedling develop from a type of seed I never tried before.
Best of luck.

5 Likes

Oops I accidentally flagged one of your comments @Tinytuttle hahaha

I feel ya on the seedlings. Sometimes they can get frustrating.

2 Likes

It’s all good if it wasn’t offensive or abusive to other members it will pass! Lol

2 Likes

I also occasionally will use the trunk of a water bottle to surround seed site and contain a lil moisture. It works fairly well actually but if you are an experienced hand waterer you can pull it off. :wink:

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

OMG I I think I have some columbine starting to sprout in the original jiffy pucks ! The’re so tiny in need them to get bigger before I can take a pic!

9 Likes