Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Seed sprout tea time!

10 Likes

Mmm Mmmm good mung bean milk shake wondering if mung bean has a small amount of saponin in it ? Tossed it in about a gallon of water and gave the girls a vegetarian drink!

8 Likes

Question for you… Do you just use your hose end sprayer for outdoor foliars?

4 Likes

Yup whether it’s a Protozoa, compost, or worm tea get myself about a 32 oz cheap drinking cup dip in my 5 gallon bucket stretch a pantyhose over the reservoir I filter and start spraying there’s three different spray settings on the ortho sprayer I can even get 30-40 feet into the trees with it . I really like that one cause I can set it in max (8) and drain it like a minute and broadcast a heavier concentration of microbes

9 Likes

Well it’s a slightly overcast days with cooler temps than I wanted checked around to see how things are progressing and snapped a few photos

Here took some rhizomes from one of the hop plants to transplant into the boxes for aide in screening material

6 Likes

This ones going along a new part of the fence as for screening aide as well and the nice soil that’s has had mushroom compost and wood chips decomposing for a good time now

9 Likes

My compost pile that’s partially frozen with some nice dark stuff just underneath

8 Likes

My sod pile that’s breaking down nicely will provided a nice mix with more boxes that i intend to build as well

7 Likes

Straight mushroom compost that will make it into the beds as well.

11 Likes

Does anyone not own that green watering can missing the spout? I have two both look like yours hahahaha

5 Likes

Haha like many it probably cracks right where it screws on from being left out in the sun… thought I’d solve that problem by getting one of those nice $20 galvanized watering cans but damn even that one developed a pin hole leak in it! :rage:

5 Likes

the ground is justing melting out around here too - I need to go out and divide some perennials soon & see how much the woodchucks ate over the winter

4 Likes

Well just went to the lumber store ( Home Depot) to check out some lumber prices and found two gems that were in the 70% off cart ,redwood to boot normally in the 11-14$ range for like 7-8$ off one was a 2x6x12and the other 2x8x12 founda4x4x8 piece as well all cut at no charge plus decking screws and a coke for 24$

The boxes are 3x3 and would of preferred 4x4 but with that deal ya can’t pass it up!

7 Likes

I’m thinking something like this with a 35 gallon reservoir feeding all 4 boxes via blumats or blutape

12 Likes

Still have my Grandpa’s from the 60s…was probably a dollar then. :wink:

Rule: always turn upside down when done using :rolling_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

That would’ve helped knowing that about 10 months ago! :flushed:

3 Likes

Having a nice Lambic with the misses and trying to find some good movies

13 Likes

Yum! It’s one of my favorites! Especially the raspberry

3 Likes

I had to settle for shitty berry newtons tonight. :strawberry:

Tri-lams…

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Is it still “Netflix and Chill” when you’re married? or is it more along the lines of “NetflizzzZZz&zzzzzZzz” ? :smiley:

4 Likes