Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Yeah, that’d be my guess too. There’s a swarm of strawberry root weevils out here that look just like them bastards except grey/silver. Wasn’t aware of the insecticidal action of JWA tho, that’s good stuff. Glad to hear it worked.

I’ve probably asked before, but you brew anything with the hops you grow?

2 Likes

Haven’t brewed with my own hops yet but could though been out of the home brewing scene for a long time, one year I harvested a lot from the mother plant years ago but never did it.

3 Likes

Trichomes?! Hairs?! :astonished:

It’s TRUE! :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

no outdoor allowed under law but it doesn’t say anything about sneaky plants ha ha

5 Likes

Just an update on the girls ! Will probably top a few places here and there seems like the stretch has started getting pretty good growth now with the warmer evenings

12 Likes

Hopefully my CBD plant gets going pretty soon it might get shaded out pretty soon!

11 Likes

Same bed different angle!

My basil better get with the grow program as well! Lol

13 Likes

Bed #3

SBT , da green and lowryder dark sparks

14 Likes

And a group shot of all the ladies!

18 Likes

Looking amazing as always

4 Likes

Thanks @DavesNotHere! There’s little nibbles out there might hit the soil and plants with a little JWA to deter them and knock them down a bit !

4 Likes

I should make some of that for the raspberry and BlackBerry Bush’s I have at my place. Two years ago the Beatles were so bad we only got about half what we should have.

3 Likes

Ya I think it maybe some of those Fuckwigs also that @Meesh has had to deal with also but I don’t have them as bad to my recollection.

4 Likes

So I been battling weeds for the last 3-4 days now and have used the weed killer “Spectracide” alone by its self , today I’m trialing normal concentration dilutions with 2-3 oz of JWA / gallon to help with the spreading and sticking effect that the soap provides ,here’s the test subject along with many other weed species my neighbor has provided me over the years to practice on ! Will see if the wilt time has decreased on the effectiveness of the weed killer!

10 Likes

Maybe get some horticultural vinigar?

2 Likes

Yea used it before with success some plants seem to be more stubborn than others so I decided to try some something different will probably follow up with a compost tea to help neutralize any negative effects the chemicals may impart on the soil.

4 Likes

Is that stronger than the average 5% haven’t seen it around in my area .

1 Like

Yeah it something like 30% much stronger. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Holy shit that’s high!

2 Likes

Long term use of vinegar/Acetic acid is not good for the soil either, but you can just buy 30% Acetic acid.
It’s cheaper then buying vinegar, and it’s the Acetic acid in the vinegar that kills the weed.

Long term use, will screw up the pH of your soil!

7 Likes