Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Since neither one of those stupid coated suckers germed, I certainly have my reserve about ever buying them again. I’ll sow a few directly in the ground when I start planting and see if I have better luck.

My neighbor across the street has delphiniums in front of her house that grow to the roof! They are awesome!

6 Likes

I think its partly a marketing ploy though many like them as the small seeds tend to be easier to handle. The trick is to set it in place then spray the coating off…it dissolved quite easily though can also easily give the seedling mix too much water. Personally, I neither like or dislike them but do think they are better than the seed tapes that were being offered a couple yrs ago

5 Likes

Here ya go @Meesh. Into wet paper towel and into the frig for probably two weeks keep an eye on moisture level … I’ll probably plant these like seed tape cutting of strips laying in top of the soil and cover ever so lightly

7 Likes

Here’s what 80 mg of Harlequin worth of seed looks like … how the hell does the seed company accurately measure 80 mg? Cheap ass fuckers can’t give ya a decent amount of seed nowadays , have ya noticed over the years that the amount of seed has decreased over the years while still increasing in price?

If these 5 year old blue columbine seeds sprout I’ll be amazed !

8 Likes

You should see how friggen tiny the creeping thyme is! I had my glasses on and still couldn’t see them. Needed a magnifying glass! Supposedly there were 100 in the pack. Who knows? I kinda sprinkled across all 18 pots in the flat, a few tiny green specks have popped up. I guess a few actually made it in the pots. lol I need new ground cover and I HATE my bermuda grass! I let the very backyard grass die during the drought and right now I have clover and pretty weeds growing, but come summer it’s gonna be a dirt field again! I would prefer to have some sort of carpet flowers out there in summer. I ordered quite a few lily of the valley bulbs for the shady grass portion as they are supposed to be invasive. My luck, I’ll get 3 to actually come up and they will never spread. lol

6 Likes

Clone/ seed planting update:

Took a look at the clones looks like a good percentage is nubbing up may have roots in the next several days.

Of the ten seed I popped into paper pots or Jiffys 8/10 have sprouted i have 100% on sour blue tooth, agent K and the lowryders

50% on the dark devil and Brett mix seeds thus far!

9 Likes

One fuzzy ass root coming out of the Jiffy pellet ( sour blue tooth)

Looks like a darn Pipe cleaner coming out of this thing!

14 Likes

Checking on the seedlings and garden sprouts after work today and found these two little shrooms popping out of the paperpots look like perfect little umbrellas!

12 Likes

Was wondering how many do this, it’s just like me digging around in the potting mix to see if I can see some tap roots but who all here pulls back the rock wool to see of your clones are throwing roots! Did it this afternoon and saw roots on at least 50% of the cubes and jiffy pellets , I expect roots to be popping out the bottom in the next day or two not bad roots in 7 days! Cloned on 2/7/19!

4 Likes

It’s waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun to peak! I don’t care what method or medium I’m using…when I first started out many moons ago (13 whole days according to my journal! ;)) I used to do the solo cups and dirt, and would take several extra cuttings so I could check one every few days. Aero does let us satisfy our root lust easily and as often as you want w/o having to squeeze soil or rw back together :smiley:

I also wanted to say I like the addition of the other plants and flowers in the thread! And Dogs…a huge fan of dogs, also a very welcome addition to any thread!

5 Likes

Right it’s almost like a kid trying to a peak at what’s wrapped up under neath the Christmas tree!

5 Likes

Right it’s almost like a kid trying to a peak at what’s wrapped up under neath the Christmas tree!
[/quote]

Trying? I had to get my aunts to rewrap them before my parents got home!

5 Likes

Just a quick pick of some of the ladies in natural light sitting in a south facing window!

15 Likes

19 Likes

So I was at a local farm supply store and I picked up one of these ultra sonic humidifiers for $14 it’s always been a struggle getting my humidity up where I wanted , mid 20% is where it normally sits now I can bump it to 40-50% and the ladies really seem to to love there new environment!

16 Likes

K I checked these all last night and nothing was showing fast forward today going through the veg starts and thinning and I pick this up l! WOW 8 days I have roots! I’m beginning to think that there is probably something to this moon phase planting /cloning thing. Not that I know much about aero cloners but that might be on pace with them!

13 Likes

I used coconut water on my last clones, a cup to a gallon. I used a seed start mix, it’s coco because California. Anyways they all rooted in 7 days. I soaked them the day before. then used aloe inner, kelp, and honey as my cloning gel.

Yours look great!! I was just excited to clone a plant :smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for stopping in @MidwestMover comments are all appreciated! This gives me a great idea over all when rehydrating my media for seeds, clones , etc, is to use these nutrient solutions as well as for soaking my cubes and plugs! I’v tossed around the idea of using honey but haven’t yet tried it.

8 Likes

Potted up the seedlings into 800ml pots getting their roots into some more media the 800 ml will probably be their final home for the autos had 8 seedling but one agent k is struggling cause I caused a little leaf damage getting helmet head off😥

Running out of space in my little closet fast

12 Likes

I caused a little leaf damage getting helmet head off😥

Out of curiosity, how are you getting the shell off? After popping a few OGKB beans and having the same problem I found a cheat that works every time for me, I just cover it with one of those clear plastic cups, after misting the inside I usually see it shed in a few hours… saved me several times in my 17 days of growing! :slight_smile:

11 Likes