To flush or not to flush?

lol i’m getting older now and i learned to choose my battles wisely. Most of the time it’s not worth bothering. It’s only an issue on the net. In real life i don’t get much grief from people, i usually block the daylight from most i meet :laughing:

4 Likes

I don’t go out much, and people know to steer away from me… HAHAHAHA

Here comes the wacko dude man, make way!!!

3 Likes

Yeh i get that too brother, having a reputation as a potentially dangerous nutter helps, they respect your privacy a bit more :joy: Have to go out now and swear at an engine, have yourself a cracking day mad bro :thumbsup:

1 Like

This is what I think, that the sweeter smoke comes from reduced chlorophyll, and it also seems to be what research confirms. Flushing is a partial light cure and does not remove anything from the plant. The main benefits seem to be, as you say, a head start on curing and reduced nutrient costs at the end of flowering but if the nutes are already in the tank you save nothing and gain nothing by pouring them down the drain. You can run just water if you like, or leave the nutrients in the tank, it makes no difference. If the plant is not overfed, and the buds get properly cured, then there will be no difference to the end product.

Do you happen to have a robot that has a laser gun attached? :wink:

Same here. Sometimes though you do not choose a battle, it chooses you. As you say, it only seems to be a problem on the internet.

3 Likes

This is the nerd i suppressed in my high school years coming out…

And this is what my robot looks like:

HAHAHAHA

Sci :robot:

EDIT, he does my flushing for me!

4 Likes

I prefer Tuesday cause it’s after Monday. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The plant talks to everyone different. I’ve been watching this topic a day or two. Let’s not get out of hand here.

7 Likes

Nice to know you are following along.

This is how the plants are looking like right now, flushing started on the 11th.

Some of the leaves are starting to wilt and die, hopefully all the remnants of the high ppms i use will be washed out and it will taste sweet as sugar! Burn even and smell great, i will let you know guys!

Cheers!

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

This is one of those topics that will constantly be debated, like wet or dry trimming. I’ve heard strong cases both ways, but in the end it is a personal preference based on your situation.

It seems to me neither side is going to budge and both sides want to have the last word.

10 Likes

Flushing is to remove the chlorophyll from within the plants leafs. Chloroplasts contain chlorophyll and they are only found in the mesophyll cells on the leaf’s interior.

Chlorophyll is produced from nitrogen that the plants take out of the nutrients.
When we trim the buds we leave remnants of the sugar leafs as it’s impossible to trim every last bit of leaf without damaging the bud. Flushing is just trying to dilute the nutrients that remain in the leafs. I flush as it’s what I’ve always done but I honestly don’t think it matters as much as everyone screams on about. Just allow your bud a longer curing time.

5 Likes

You can flush soil but whether the plant is flushed is debatable. I’ve flushed, I’ve full fed right up to harvest. I can’t tell any difference. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

We have a saying in Texas that describes these “right fighters”. “All hat and no ranch”
:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I’ve never noticed much difference in taste or smells but flushing seems to makes my buds look better and bring out nicer colors; in my opinion backed my own research. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This neatly states pretty much my position on this matter. Start your cure early while the plant is alive, or do it all once it is cut, it does not matter much at all. Do what you like. What matters is that you cure your buds so you get tasty and psychoactive cannabis.

Well as I started this thread, I would have to stop posting in my own thread for me to not have the last word although I have no intention of rekindling anything…

Very much this. I do not think it makes nearly as much of a difference as is claimed. If I remember correctly you grow organic and no-till (well done for that, you guys are an inspiration and I will be going that route for my allotment) and so never ‘flush’ and always keep the same amount of nutrients available to the plant whilst at the same time producing tasty, smooth, psychoactive buds.

Do you mind if I ask how you cure?

If you have already posted that just somewhere point me in the right direction and I will read there to save you typing :wink:

6 Likes

I do not flush, I completely do not see the need for it, the people that do it use the argument that you can see the nutrients fade from the leaves or whatever… well give me your buds and go smoke your leaves.

If ‘flushing’ worked everyone would have white buds that have nothing in them, just some trichomes on the outside.

If you don’t want excess salts in your buds then don’t use excess salts.

By using the mobile nutrients in the leaves at the end of a plants life ( or if you deprive it ) it is only TRANSFERRING the nutrients TO the flowers.

I do not cure my flowers ( but I do dry them slowly and this breaks down chlorophyll which is just doing the same thing but quicker )

13 Likes

I remove big fan leaves and hang branches whole. Dry until stems just snap, but dont break. Dry trim, then into jars, I shoot for 62% humidity in the jars, burping as necessary. Basically, I follow this classic thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=156237

6 Likes

That sounds very close to what I aim to do. I hang whole but do not remove fan leaves to slow drying and I tend to choose the point where the buds are dry but the stalks still bend and are not so dry they snap and go for a slightly higher humidity in the jar and this results in burping for slightly longer.

I follow what your link says “Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside.” and after looking at the link, I may now start doing something else it says, that being to get a cheap hygrometer and put it into the jar with the buds.

Good link, thanks

5 Likes

I have a couple analog ones from the reptile section of the pet store. That was written before those handy humidity packs, those make it really easy to nail the 62% humidity.

2 Likes

Keep it simple! Now that’s oleskool! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes