To flush or not to flush?

Isn’t half life of chlorophyll like 48hours? Meaning it will be gone in cure anyway

2 Likes

that "study was concluded by a blind smoking test which proved nothing too

1 Like

Not in my experience. I’ve had several years to smoke delivery dispensary quality bud, and some growers have missed the mark in curing, grassy hay taste, and it doesn’t GO AWAY before most is used. It PISSES me off royally to pay 250-300 an oz and it’s improperly dried fast. Also if too much nutes, crackles and uneven burn. I believe based on my perspective, faster or slower drying is key to being required. Higher humidity than drier, because enough time allows chlorophyll to process and lower cuts that time short since evaporation is faster. The flush aids that shorter time since the moisture isn’t present in the air. Some air is so dry, humidifiers just can’t keep it retained. Flushing for faster drying conditions makes more sense than the slower conditions.

1 Like

I dont flush and dont see a good reason to do so

8 Likes

What’s your humidity for drying ?

62 peecent

2 Likes

Ah ha, exactly the point I’m making. For your conditions it isn’t necessary. The drying is slower than say 20-30%. I’d say under 40% humidity in drying area is required for flushing. If someone can raise it and keep it there, great, but if not they will need to flush to help the chlorophyll process and breakdown what the drying can’t at lower humidity, so the identifier is humidity levels. Unless someone can say I dry in lower humidity and don’t flush, I believe there’s credence here.

1 Like

I used to dry fast the first 48 hours to minimize risks then put in humidifier.

Drying for me just depends on how brittle the outside gets, then I just sweat the rest from the inside. I get it about mold, and that’s smart. I think flushing is dependent on if the grower can keep at 50% or higher, if not then they must flush to compensate lack of humidity wherever the drying area is.

Not sure if he has been mentioned
https://youtu.be/W-3ZZJyk5lc?t=2482

1 Like

What about people who are able to keep constant humidity levels up and still see benefits from flushing. Ever seen weed that sparked , that’s not chlorophyll doing that. It’s interesting to hear each persons experience and opinion on the matter and as time goes by I’m sure a better understanding of it all will be achieved

3 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong @Heritagefarms I do feel it’s beneficial regardless, especially cleaner burning. I believe where it’s required is faster drying vs slower, otherwise too fast and it’s kinda locked in. All the curing time can’t remove it.I’ve experienced this in my learning young days.

1 Like

Flushing is for toilets :+1:

10 Likes

So you’re suggesting flushing for people who dry in low humidity?

Interesting but I’ll stick with my inkbird

Yes, I am. The reason is it will completely dry out before the curing begins. With low humidity curing can only be done in sealed containers. Again if the grower can slow the process the flushing becomes less of a concern for curing out chlorophyll. To me it’s apparent the time for the plant to process what’s stored is better when it can’t be slowed, also I’ve seen time and time again a cleaner burn. A very fine white ash tells me whatever metals are cleared out. As I said delivery services have proven lots of growers don’t care about a cleaner burn. They only care about the bag appeal. Far darker gray, harsher, uneven burn and won’t stay lit. I’ve had to leave reviews about strains Ive bought that were grown poorly. Most who don’t know anything about growing, they only equate a bad harsh taste, but a former grower will know which bud they buy is flushed and burns clean and which should’ve been flushed and is of poor quality. Since before I returned to growing and just buying it and smoking it, the myriad of strains coming from all over the country of varying quality has told me some are doing it right and lots are not. And frankly unless you’re in control, it’s like a crap shoot for 150-200+ unless the vendor is ethical about returns. If not SOL. Part of the reason I’m back to growing is because of poor quality control. I’ve eaten around 1000 bucks as a result.

2 Likes

Flushing is the best example of bro science in cannabis.

7 Likes

Drying for me is the problem people confuse with flushing if dry to fast its harsh plants are made up from nutrients if they wasnt we would have no plant material so flushing away what the plant is cant be possible. but like anything we can overdo feeding this will have a negative effect on the plant.

1 Like

Why would drying too fast affect quality.

Plants are made of the end product of plant metabolism. Nitrate (fertilizer) has a long way to go before it becomes amino acids (plant proteins).

1 Like

I like it cryptic, yet informative… :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the chart. :heart_eyes:
I agree but…
People get real mad when you say this. :grimacing: