Too Early to Plant for Outdoor Clones?

Looking to plant some seeds to make clones from for this spring. Any thoughts on a timeline? And if I’m growing from seeds for a few cuttings, is late Feb a good time to start?
Got some Mac crosses and some COPA and of course shoreline gear.
I’m just itching to throw something in a solo cup!

6 Likes

Interesting question, also curious if anyone has tried tomato teepees to prevent frost or weather damage?
I’ve been using these for tomatoes for years, nice to get that extra month of vegetative growth. Tomatoes don’t actually produce any earlier, but I get more when they do.
Tomato_Teepee

7 Likes

I started mine in Jan. straight to 12/12 now they are revegging and will be making clones for this years outdoor grows…I have to 6 females

5 Likes

i can grow outside year round. depends on your location.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: this

nightime temps must be above freezing, preferrably over 50F

hours of light/dark also matter.

Unless you’re farther south like FL, South TX it’s probably too soon. Hawaii you’re all good. :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

:evergreen_tree: is not in HI anymore :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Not canna but we start seeds here and sell veggie/fruit plants as a business during the spring. I’ll be starting them all next weekend and the first 2-3 weeks they stay inside next to a south facing window. This gets you through the germination and seedling stages. Then we move the flats outside during the day and back inside at night. If it’s warmer than 50 I’ll leave them out there but we have ready to sell plants after 6 weeks. This would be about the time you would take your clones. Add 10 days to take your clones. It would give you plenty of cushion to veg your plants and have solid starters for your outdoor season✌️

4 Likes

Farmers rule crops gotta be in by May 31. But crops also go in stages.

2 Likes