TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Yeah its sealed, maybe a pinhole or something idk I’m sure it’s fine.

And sweet. I’m thinking I’ll run a couple of his Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose next round as I’m really enjoying them right now, and 2 Dark Sparks because life sucks without them in it. Maybe an extra of each and pick the best looking 4 and put the other 2 in coco in the closet I just cant decide arghhhh I cant wait to expand!

3 Likes

HardRock gave me some dark sparks seeds I will do them after reikios, or if I get a no show from the 3 in water. I might mix up another pot as I can get 4 in there easily, its not like autos are bushy or create a lot of canopy. One of the reasons I extended the tent so I could do indoor autos under veg lights :slight_smile: Bloody fan I bought back in December has died, paid $45 for it thinking it would be better quality. Going back to the cheap kijiji specials, I don’t mind paying $10 for something that l know will probably only last a year.

3 Likes

Dont be so sure of that. They can and will create canopies as big as photoperiod plants just look at some of my past grows, and I can show you even better examples, @KingGhidora (who hasn’t posted much in a while) just finished a grow with 3 autos in coco in a 2x4 scrog and completely loaded the canopy with hundreds of tops.

If this soil works as good as coco, 4 autos would be too much lol

I should probably check if I can even fit 4x3gal pots in my tent, as theres a tower fan in there now lol

2 Likes

I think I need more info on autos, I thought training and messing with them was a no no, just plug them in and feed.

1 Like

They respond very well to training, when they need it

I flop (supercrop) the main top over usually at least once per plant per grow and as required, but sometimes I have to flop multiple tops over. I basically crush the stems along the bend point and flop it over and tie it down. Same as photoperiods really, you gotta train the main tops down to let the lowers catch up to fill the canopy. Just no topping, some will say it’s okay but I’ve tested it and not liked the result and it’s just not a smart thing to do.

I’ve learned this training method from @Mr.Sparkle’s threads where he details the process in more depth but it really is quite simple and can make a big difference.

5 Likes

Mr Sparkle’s Basic Guide to Autoflowers!

:wink:

6 Likes

Hmmm

4 Likes

Cheers Jelly I will book mark it, I am sure I will have to read it more than dozen times lol.

Thats good to know, makes it more fun if you can bush them out a bit. I was surprised at how little foliage Reikios autos had, is that just strain related or autos in general?

1 Like

HOLY SHIT LOOK WHAT WAS IN MY BAG OF SOIL!!!

No wonder it smelled so bad!! Wtf!! Haha

9 Likes

Some kind of foot? Fish? What am I looking at here lol

5 Likes

Looks like a jaw bone to me is it human lol.

4 Likes

It doesn’t get more organic than that :joy:

4 Likes

It’s a jawbone with in tact teeth its crazy idk what its from I dont think its humans it’s in my composter now wtf haha

And me wondering what smelled so bad lmao

6 Likes

That’s fucking messed up man lol

4 Likes

Write them a complaint letter about finding it, but how much you like their soil. They might send you a pallet load as an apology.

7 Likes

Already on it… lol

8 Likes

Shadey minds think alike :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Extra source of calcium right there!

4 Likes

3x 3 Bears OG by Mephisto Genetics. 2x4 with 310W of solstrips. Coco perlite mix. Mega crop. 3gal fabric pots with blumats (gravity fed drip irrigation). Scrog. Nothing but LST and pruning below the canopy and to thin things out for air circulation and so buds get as much light as possible. I’m about to start another run and am considering just 2 in 5gal pots it was was so bushy with 3 plants in there a lot got shaded out. This is the third time I’ve used this method in this tent with different auto strains all to similar results. Definitely achievable!

19 Likes

Well done :clap:

3 Likes