Trike's Grow Journey - snoozefest & occasional faceplants

No, never tried hydroton. Have seen others use on other forums.

I wasn’t sure if algae was fatal, doesn’t seem to be. I planned on just letting it go and see what happens…because I’ve got a 1/4 ounce of those Abacus seeds. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t add hydroton either, but wanted to ask. I like to think the algae has a symbiotic relationship with the cannabis. Cannabis roots gets get light blocked, algae gets to survive with minimal water and nutrients…or whatever it can suck up before the plant does…lol.

Do you have any pics of your Willie Nelson before chop?

2 Likes

How many seeds is this…lol…sounds like a lot!..lol

2 Likes

Sadly no. Like most of my previous grows, there was some level of chaos going on in my life. I do have a picture from my first grow with that strain, but it’s small due my overwatering at the start. Still a really nice smoke so I I ordered more seeds. If your interested in trying it, I can send you a few. :man_farmer:

It’s the little one in the foreground :smile:
The one behind it is another high cbd hemp strain.

4 Likes

Monarch Hill claims around 420 ( :rofl:) seeds for 1/4 ounce. I never counted, but noticed about 10% aren’t mature enough to be viable. Still a great deal at $25 USD.

5 Likes

So this week I started up some Syrian seeds I purchased from [RSC] after getting inspired by @lefthandseeds grow journals.

Syrian - The Real Seed Company - Cannabis Landrace

I’m trying a few new techniques I came across here on OG. First is @JohnnyPotseed germination tech using worm castings. Well, I actually used this with my current Abacus grow, which worked perfectly. This time it started good, but had low temperatures in the basement and even with a heat mat the conditions dropped below 70 before I noticed. The taproots started to curl around the shell.

The duct tape thingy is a role of sand paper for scarifying the seeds. I shook them for 3 minutes each. This scarifying tech is from @LoveDaAutos . For now my plan it to grow them smallish and grow from some clones.

24 hours later they had popped. I didn’t remember to take a final picture the day after, was a little freaked about the temp drop and getting them into their cups.

Here they are today after popping yesterday. 2 of them tried to climb out. I used a tech by @Pigeonman where he pours a small amount of worm casting over the tail; and I should also mention his holes in the cups tech as well.

8 Likes

Awesome! These are some of my favorites. They have pretty interesting cannabinoids and they flower really fast. I think most will flower under 15 hours of light or more.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info tips :green_heart:

I put a small amount of water each the same day I started the germination. It soaked about 1/2 to 3/4 inch down. Since they went into the cup I’ve lightly misted them once a day since. Today, one knuckle down, the soil is only slightly damp. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Very cool! Looking forward to watching this one go down too, the hemp tech intrigues me, I really like the concept

2 Likes

Day 21 since flip.

IMG_0347

7 Likes

More Hempy bean poles :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank so much @Budderton
:green_heart: :canada:

9 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @TricycleOfDoom . Happy hunting!!
:v::canada:

3 Likes

Syrian update. One did not survive. The other 2 are growing but very slowly. That’s fine with me. The smaller of them appears to have black (dead?) Cotyledons/first leafs.

6 Likes

Yeah they go slow for sure! Feels like a very old line.

2 Likes

Hoku’s Syrian Landrace, from an open pollination with some trait filtering, looks interesting. But shipping to Canada is $50 USD, so It would only make sense to get the 100 seed pack. :laughing:

3 Likes

I did get their 100 pack actually, but haven’t grown it yet. I may use it to BX with my SryianLeb to make a line close to the original but with renewed vigor.

3 Likes

I stumbled across a photo of my first grow. Jack Herer Auto from CKS back in 2016. Only 1 in 5 seeds finished, with help from my first MH TS600 I bought sometime after this picture. I wonder if even had drainage holes is those ice cream pails. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Sad news today. Nanners on all 4 of my Abacus plants. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Ahhh man! All 4 too! Damn :man_facepalming:t2: sorry to read this!

4 Likes