👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Its not optional for international. We pay $30 shipping and GLG tosses in a shirt because its about packaging stealth and not the $.

My parcels are just a “t-shirt” but i know better! :rofl:

2 Likes

Soo… you doimg a WMHP F2 repro in March with us now @SHSC-1 ?

:grin:

You could have it sent to Canada then have someone mail them to you when they receive the package ,:rofl:

that I can’t do LOL
I am going to be embarking on a pretty large hashplant hunt thru various packs of 88g13hp , G13 and other hashplants of note like Champagne, Magnum, Fraser Valley Blueberry HP, DLA 16 , old school hashplant and a few others.
but the watermelon hp should be a good one to repro… wouldn’t mind looking through some of those as F3’s when you guy wrap that one up )

7 Likes

Lol. I don’t think we would five you the choixe to say no.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Good morning @Pigeonman :sunny:

I was going through some bookmarks and remembered I had a question about using worm castings to create a little mound when they try to dig themselves out.

When I last tried it, the water beaded and rolled off little mound. I don’t know if I was misting it incorrectly or if maybe there’s different types/qualities of worm castings. My castings were fine ground, but looking at your pics I’m wondering if yours might be more course?

Thanks.

3 Likes

I’ve had water bead off when the castings were both fine and dry. I use a pump-mister from the makeup section of the dollarstore… it’s a very fine mist which doesnt seem to bead as fast if it will bead.

When it runs off, i’ll use an espresso spoon to re-mound the medium.

4 Likes

You really are making this too easy.

6 Likes

Thank you for the pointers :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If I may: Utilizing a small amount of a surfactant like pure castile soap, yucca, or aloe, will increase absorption into the soil, thus keeping the water where you put it. :bear::+1:
Then you don’t have to worry so much about beading off your pump, mister…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Uh huh uh huh he said beading off ur pump

3 Likes

Yep :grin:. I love puns, however usually can’t come up with anything in the moment. But I do appreciate them.

1 Like

Some call me crazy, I call myself "THE LIBERATOR WHAT LIBERATES HIS PLANTS FROM THEIR PESKY LEAF THINGYS!"

:rofl:

They needed it and are gonna be much better for the heavy-handed trim. :ok_hand:

The Jew Gold 1974 plants are coming along well.

It’s a total change out of solution this weekend as I’ve been ramping them up slower than normal because I’ve been rather busy and don’t want them bolting on me… yet. :grin:

Now in the 4x4 the +30c heat wave has really pissed off the flowering tent… I mean like A LOT. :man_facepalming:

It is what it is, I can’t address the problem so they’ll have to ride it out like the missus and I with the bathroom thermostat currently reading 30c… We have AC; it’s doing it’s best but clearly it’s a “this old house” moment.

Despite the heat, the flowers on the Bubba Kush: Matt Berger Cut plants still look fantastic!

Oh and @DougDawson thanks again for the Blue Moon Rocks pollen, these flowers clearly appreciated the dust!

:v:

30 Likes

That’s awesome brother, glad it worked out. :v:

1 Like

How old is your AC unit? Perhaps it requires servicing? I had one that ran and ran and ran and did nothing.

2 Likes

They have a/c coil cleaner at most hardware stores that’s a quick and cheap. helps air conditioners run more efficiently. I live in desert with hair dryers blowing constantly a/c on full blast house still gets up to 85°. Did the coil cleaning and temps in house dropped 3° overall.:+1:. Just a thought it’s about $10 a can and total work time maybe 15 mins. Takes longer to let the cleaner do its thing.

2 Likes

@Foreigner , it’s less than 5 years and serviced every year (maintained at the start of the season).

It’s a situation where the ducting is only running 2" hose in the main floor and top floor of the home as it was installed as an afterthought once the house was already built.

THE DUCTING IN MY TENTS ARE 6" SO I’M LAUGHING THAT MY OWN CLIMATE CONTROL IS A PISSING 2" TO MOVE AIR!

:man_facepalming:

I set-up my old 6" vivosun to vent directly outdoors from the top floor and that helped until the fucking squirrels tore through my screen window and INTO the ducting and almost into the house! :angry:

I have baffles in the basement so nothing can sneak in but i didn’t have a spare for this usage so I gotta replace the screen window next spring.

9 Likes

I want to start growing in a tent again but I know the squirrels, chipmunks and mice will just chew holes in the tent and make a nest in it, if I do it outside in the barn or workshop. If I do it in the basement it will probably bring more mice into the house. I have a hole in our kitchen cieling that appeared a week ago, I think that a chipmunk got in the wall and then used the inside of the cardboard cieling tiles that these old houses have from the 50’s got chewed up for nesting material :persevere:

I wonder if those electronic sonic vermin repellers work, probably just piss the dogs off lol.

5 Likes

They do not! I had critters dig holes next to the damn things save your $20

3 Likes

5 minutes ago:

Mrs. P: "Heathcliff just “proud as fuck” walked passed the door with a dead rat in his mouth.
Pigeonman: “Good, he’s continuously earning that wet food.” :ok_hand:

12 Likes