Tropical Growing

Hey everyone,
old member here from back in the day and really happy to be back…sad I couldn’t find any of my old threads or posts, so will need to start from scratch. I live in Costa Rica, I enjoy growing in all mediums, but my favorite is organic, and outdoors. I will also do a lot of green house growing and some indoor now and then too. So it’s a little bit of everything in a tropical environment.
As many may all ready guess, jejee Sativa’s are my favorite !!! All time love, and the more land race the better :slight_smile:
This more so due to the natural amount of hrs of light we have at 10*North of the Equator. We have 12hr days and 12hr nights be default here, so sun comes up about 5:30 and comes done just before 6pm every day of the yr give or take 30min from Dry season and Wet season. Dry season they say starts dec-april and Wet season is May-November. This is more or less true, but can very a little with different cold/hot fronts we get hit with. We are blessed to have very rich volcanic soil, tropical rain forests, and both the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean with dips and ups from sea level to more than 3000mts above sea level. Micro climates and dry areas such as Guanacaste to lush green wet areas like Limon. I used to live up in Coronado, San Jose mtns near 2000mts. I,m much lower now, so little bit more stable and drier climate and rich coffee plantation dirt in Cartago.

I used to have thousands of seeds… the move, divorce and many other things in time and bad refrigerator I’ve lost just about every genetic I’ve got. I’ve tested 100’s of seeds…some are born but soon die. So litterally am growing from Jamican brick weed, Colombian loose buds and some Mexican loose buds. I got a clone of Grass Monkey , Super Mobydick or something like that. I’ve got some nice healthy Mex going in the yard, I’ll post soon. I planted them on 4/20/2018.

Indicas here tend to auto flower from birth, so unless you give supplemented light they don’t tend to yield much, and I’d only grow them in a controlled enviroment or during the dry season out doors after a good veg to finish flowering. You really got to pay attention for mold, plus insects seem to love them fat leafs…more space to hide under, plus those pugnant smells jejej. Love them but they need more interaction to grow well here as they then to be from places with extended day times and longer spring-summer season before it starts to get cold and hrs cut back naturally to flower here they will from the start.

Hybirds give a lot of promise ! Love to mess around indeed with them but do still enjoy a more 75/25 sativa/indica ratio.

Back in the Day I had started with Colombians and Jamicans, and Mexicans too jeje go figure, and I’m finding some interesting things here and there but will take me yrs too get to where I was before with 6 in line generations of Colombian Red, Colombian Gold, Colombian Scorpion, and my Colombian Red x Gold. I had a Jamican Lambs bread I’ll prob never see again and some high land Mex too that I loved soooo much and had worked with so long. Then came all my friends from Over grow. Seeds from Austraila, Africa, Asia…I was in Sativa heaven !! Here Sativas can grow all yr round. can get 2 crops a yr. Thai plants would almost take the yr ! Same with a Vietnam Dalat, and Bangladesh I had. They loved it here ! But if you put several in the same pot and stress them by pinch’n the stems and bending them about you can keep the size down, promote more branches and speed up the crop, you do loose yield. As a single plant per bucket would give more. But give more, means grow more, and take more time. So there are ways to speed them up at a cost.

Nothing like see’n that seed pop out of the ground, them first single blades, the 3 leafs, 5 leafs, 7 leafs, some times 9 to 11 digits all growing in alternating pairs of perfect semetria, stems start to turn colors, the branches start to come out, also showing colors, the males start their race to grow above the ladies, the first oposite phylotaxi, see the leaf digits start to drop down agian, 5, 3, 1 single blades coming out of the long colas and the smell start to spread about, the old fan leafs on the bottom yellowing out and falling decorating the flr, hopefully on a dry day after a good watering really early in the marnin as you give thanks in the garden.

Growing is one of the most important things too me, I love to learn more each day as I observe all my plants, and talk with my friends. A man with out a garden has nothing too look forward too :wink:

Gran abrazo !
Cool & Calm,
Chaman

10 Likes

Te recuerdo, creo, del viejo OG… Eras “Chamán” o “Shaman” entonces?
Salud.

1 Like

Hello @Chaman, welcome back to OG!

Don’t forget to tell the peeps how you got here this time around bro! And sorry we couldn’t even smoke one joint bro, i was so busy my head is still spinning!

Sci :robot:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Chaman looking fwd to seeing your organic methods and pretty ladies!

2 Likes

Very kind everyone! Looking forward to share’n a lot and invite anyone to post thiers and any questions they may have about this kind of setting for growing.

Still getting used to the new site jeje keep try’n to find my old pics or posts but no luck at all.
I welcome spanish speakers with open arms and love to see how others grow in similar conditions around the world. Never to old to learn something new.

I’ll try to answer everyone later when I’ve got a little more time and post the pics of these Mexican ladies.

Gran abrazo,
Cool & Calm
Chaman

4 Likes

Looking good bro. . .some of your pics didn’t load though

Mexican seeds that I got from loose comercial buds. Not brick or pressed. Actually nice decent buds. Wish I knew from which part of Mexico or more details
pics. I planted them on 4/20. I has placed about 3 to 5 seeds in a few maybe 2 and 3 gallon plastic pots. The pics of them grown are from almost almost 2 weeks ago.

arUploading…

9 Likes

Some pic’s from today. Need to start to tie them down and cut some clones off each incase I really like one and wish to keep around.

6 Likes

Close ups.
Still getting the hang out of uploading pic’s. Jejee they don’t load in the order I like. Pics can’t really see but leaf digits are reverting and oposite phylo has started. There are a few lime colored with red stems and a few darker green ones. Kept a male around too just incase.
Cool & Calm
Chaman

3 Likes

Nice grow fam like how they are looking I remember that stage before the buds sucked the life out of mine lol good job bro

1 Like

This is the mom of the Grass Monkey clone you have there… @Chaman

Let it triple it’s size and it will yield more if you top it at like the 6th or 7th internode.

One of the phenos with more trichomes production and more strong branches than the rest of the batch.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Thanks for the unfo on her. Had no idea where she came from or what she is made from. Looks very sativa in your pic so very happy. Great flowering ladies ! Jejee can’t wait till mine are like that.
Thanks agian.
Cool & Calm
Chaman

1 Like

Dude… Is it always a bitch to upload pics or what?
2nd try.
Starting to tie down the ladies… Had to kill a male today too… Argh that pissed me off jejeje late bloomer was think’n it was a she. So I hope to promote branching now. Bad thing here… i put several together to help root construct to grow less… Well roots have grown out the bottom of the pots so thats why they have grown into this gwroth spurt.

What is in the Grass Monkey ? Jejeje every time I say it I think about one of my all time favorite clasic rap songs Brass Monkey. Beastie Boys.

8 Likes

The lineage is Starfighter x Jack Herer.

No problem man, they will be ready at like 60 days aprox, if you want amber, need to wait a lot longer.

I bought the seeds from @LED_Seedz which in turn were grown and cuttings were taken to bring to the cup.

When i decided to leave without telling anyone, i started giving away the clones i had left, so you must have gotten it from Danny! I guess.

Really nice plant that Grass Monkey, cheers @Chaman!

Sci :robot:

3 Likes

Jejjee cut a lot of clones today. And plantes some killer kush and blue dreams and a mistery seed jejejejje one of those seeds you find in your pocket after seen a lot of friends and share’n buds. Uploading…

I could die while wait’n too load one pick here with 5mg on my cell… Wtf?

really… I come back later… pic still didn’t load ? I could have gotten an open heart surg with Costa Ricas shitty ass Social Health care by now. (caja seguro social de costa rica.)
…this sucks man.
Chaman

You shouldn’t close the text box until it’s fully uploaded and showing as a link

I understand… but after more than 5min wait’n, I got a lot of shit to do… it never loads. Same problem every time…
I have 5mgs of connection on my cell…15megs at home, and this is just ridiculo.

I loved the old over grow, I might just have to stay at cannabis cafe and I C mag. Head ache to load pics here
and that’s a very important part.
Thanks,
Chaman

1 Like

Yeah sometimes uploading is hit and miss for me. I’ve seen me have to leave my phone sat uploading a couple of times but most of the time I don’t have any problems. I don’t know if it’s a ISP or OG server problem.