@TropicalBiophile Landrace Giveaway

I love it. This is what makes OverGrow so great!

7 Likes

Everyone is going to get around 40 seeds, so hopefully there is enough to find some nice keepers. I assume these are gonna be a very long flowering strain by the looks of it. I noticed a lot of you guys are way up north, I would think that the only way you will be able to run these will be indoors as I would think they would not finnish outdoors up north. Good luck with them ā€¦:slight_smile:

10 Likes

was it all one strain or is there 2. thanks for doing this @pookie123 @TropicalBiophile

1 Like

@legalcanada There is a bunch of the black Colombian seeds, but as mentioned above in the thread you get some of the few ā€œcripaā€ seeds (which, as we discussed, is not a landrace, or a mythical strain, but rather a buzzword for certain type of hybrids being grown here with modern-ish techniques). A couple other members asked for them as well, so might just get a few (there not really many).

4 Likes

awesome black colombian, very grateful, will sprout a couple asap and flower from seed :smiley:
almost as good as that ā€˜whiteā€™ colombian :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Hahaā€¦ I wouldnĀ“t know, as basically all of the white is for export. IĀ“m certainly not lacking on street life, but only got to see the real deal once, like powdered glass, from an acquaintance that was really well connected. It might sound weird to people abroad, but it is not really a popular thing here (people here like to smoke and drink their poisons), and what is sold is certainly not the quality stuff. :relaxed:

2 Likes

There are ways to do long sativss outdoors in the north, veg indoors all winter then light dep threw summer pull with rest of crop in October , you will need to con troll temps in green house and humidity takes a nice set up but well worth it

4 Likes

Yes,:slight_smile: if you have a greenhouse with temp control it can be done for sureā€¦

1 Like

Im probably late to the party, I am a landrace junkkkyyyy. Beans still available? If not, does anyone have pics of the progeny?

2 Likes

yes that would be interesting @TropicalBiophile did you have any pictures of this colombian black strain?

1 Like

No. IĀ“ve grown them a couple of times, and visited the field where one of the bales was grown, but did not take pictures (I usually donĀ“t, of weed or anything else). So I hope you guys make it up for me, and contribute some to the thread.

4 Likes

Alright everyone, I sent them off to everyone. At first the post office wanted to charge me almost $11 for each international post though they were in a standard small envelope because they were ridged due to have a thin piece of cardboard in the envelope anyways she finally took them for less after I said I thought it was considered regular post if itā€™s under a certain weight and under 1/4 of an inch thick. Good thing too as I was not prepared to spend around $100 just for the international postage.
Anyways hopefully they all arrive undamaged as they are stamped as non machinable so they are not supposed to go through the post office sorting machine, which we have seen recently can crush seeds. The only one I still have not sent off yet is @argo945 as you chose to send me a self addressed stamped envelope.
I look forward to seeing some pics of some of our grows of this strain. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m gonna run a few outdoors this seasonā€¦:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Thank you @pookie123 !!!
Iā€™ll be planting some for inside as soon as they land.

You guys are great, @pookie123 @TropicalBiophile @jellypowered
Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

Big thank you to you both!!!
TropicalBiophile and pookie123.
seeds all intact and looking good!
Showed up the same time my ak 47 project seeds came in
Its been a hard few weeks for me guys, and this was the ray of sunshine I needed.
Good hunting to all!

10 Likes

Itā€™s good to see them starting to arrive to you guys ,Just a warning for everyone, Be careful as there is no cotton or tissue plugging the end only tape so be careful not to spill themā€¦:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Mine got here today as well!

Thanks @TropicalBiophile, @pookie123

:smiley:

8 Likes

Thank you @Jellypowered for your assistance also.:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Package made it. Thank you both @TropicalBiophile & @pookie123 for the gift.

6 Likes

Thank you!
Mail time was the best part of my day today!

Iā€™ve got 3 cups readyā€¦ may plant tonight!

Stay hazed
Jake

7 Likes

Sweet! Iā€™m very much looking forward to see your girls!

6 Likes