Undiagnosed Issue Needing Help

I just came off a terrible photo period run where I had detectable white mildew—but it seems like something more insidious was (and appears is) still plaguing my plants. The tops of the plants seems to have some silvery sheen or deposit and then the leafs are starting to get spots all over them. I don’t know if this is a mound, fungus, mite, bug, or other problem. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated. I actually had a volunteer crop on one of my buckets and it has the same damage. Pictures below. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Looks like maybe a fungal or bacterial problem.

1 Like

Are these some sort of trails? Could be leafminers … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

Cahgptura

Is this a worm or larvae?

2 Likes

Looks like a bug, the black dots are likely excrement, very minimal damage, wouldn’t worry about it, get the temperatures down to 15-20 Celsius if possible.

And plant companion crops in the same pot: beans, calendula, basil, … any bugs who might do real damage will prefer to chew or lay eggs on the high protein bean plant, chop and drop when they start flowering, bean plants add nitrogen to your soil from the air, it’s a nitrogen fixing plant, like clover.

Calendula is edible and very healthy, and basil you can keep pruning and topping and eating too. They help feed and stimulate the soil life, including fungi which help regulate and hold moisture, making the entire ecosystem more robust.

Diversity prevents so many problems!

3 Likes

Silvery sheen, plus irregularly shaped chewing in leaves=thrips
Not super harmful, but they’ll get out of control if left unchecked. From larvae they become flies that get stuck in your buds.
Insecticidal soap/dilute castile soap is usually effective when you catch it that early.
Edit: This doesn’t look like thrips to me though, that’s something else.

2 Likes

agreed

:evergreen_tree: probably hunter biden

3 Likes

And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for that meddling laptop!

2 Likes

Here is a fairly good guide to help determine the most common problems by what’s going on in the leaves;

3 Likes

Bookmarked, thanks for sharing, could be this … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Are the black spots removable? If you cant wash them off and the spots go through to the other side of the leaf then you may have a tar spot problem.
Its been a problem locally/regionally…

1 Like