First Journal: GG4 S1 + Sweet Seeds/Fastbuds Autos (Bugbee Method)

I don’t know much about autos but if they were regs they would finish in order of GSC, Blue Dream then Banner… that may help you ID them, that and the smell obviously

1 Like

The way these autoflowers are crossbred, I doubt they have anything to do with the real GSC, Blue Dream, Bruce etc. I think they just give their best plants a popular name so they sell well. I looked at some grow journals and decided that these strains looked good, but I wasn´t really expecting blue dream etc…

The smell is all over the place, one smells citrus, another one smells like gas, and two smell sweet but are very different physically.

Im just glad they are alive.

1 Like

They look good

That’s a common practice these days unfortunately

I would guess “blue dream”

“Banner”

“GSC’s”

1 Like

thats what i thought too, but i still have two seeds left (out of 3) of GSC. so there can only be one GSC in theory. and thus the mystery.

quick update from my cell

The pet hair is pissing me off ( i know its my fault but the grow spaces are in my room, and i have 2 dogs and 3 cats so its pretty impossible to manage) do you guys manage pet hair during trimming or when?

10 Likes

A bud wash after harvest will fix that

3 Likes

wow never would have thought, im too scared to do/apply anything to the surface of the buds but im reading the post and seems to be common! thanks!!!

1 Like

I am a bit bummed out. I had wrongly planned to chop all autos this weekend. I chopped one and after taking another look with the loupe I realized that plant still had a week or two to go.

I aborted all the others, so 3 plants are still on the tent. it feels so dumb to chop early even if it was one.

12 Likes

Quick update from the GG4 S1 closet, they are showing pistils and I have finished supercropping and lollipopping

8 Likes

Trimming looks fine mate, don’t be so hard on yourself.

With the dryness put it all in a sealed jar/container and throw in some lettuce or kale leaves for 20 to 30 min then see how it feels. If it’s still too dry just leave them in there longer but don’t forget to take them out and just make sure there’s no water on leaf before putting them in.

The GG’s are looking great :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

yeah im more mad about the early cut. the autos seem to be lacking potency, don’t know if it has to do with the fact that I cut them early or if its true autos are just not there yet in terms of genetics. Im already running the second batch of autos, we’ll see what comes out.

thanks man! hopefully theyll survive and be ready for you to try!

3 Likes

I’ve never grown any autos so can’t comment on that but I do know they are constantly improving and a lot of people on OG advocate growing them… they’ve definitely come a long way in the last 10 years. Was your scope good enough to check the trichome development?

Once you have your flowers at a nice level of dryness try to get some Boveda packs to throw in your jars to keep them at the optimal humidity level.

That would be epic bro, we fly out in a little over 7 weeks can’t wait!

3 Likes

yea so let them cure, they get better, i just grew blue dream auto it has a nice mellowness

1 Like

Update from the GG4s

Week 4 of flower - Do you guys count flowering weeks from the day you flipped or from the day you see pistils?

11 Likes

personally, from the flip day.

2 Likes

7 Likes

It only makes sense to me from the day you flip! In any case different strains would always react differently, one would have to have a measuring system which would not depend on the development of the plant. My 2 cents!

2 Likes

Quick update, I had to prune a small puny branch and instead of throwing it away I decided to dry and smoke the little tic tac buds, and it was surprisingly good.

This is how the rest of the plant is doing on average :slight_smile: a lil nitrogen excess and heat… but doing very well.

8 Likes

btw these are the dried buds from the autos.

gg4 is near harvest.

8 Likes

Some of the GG4 had to be cut early because a fan fell over a plant and I had to remove all the affected branches.

This is some of that dried.

9 Likes