First Journal: GG4 S1 + Sweet Seeds/Fastbuds Autos (Bugbee Method)

I know it’s too small of a sample, but I don’t get fimming. I don’t understand the benefits and I haven’t seen them.

Topping at the second node on the other hand seemed to be the least stressful training technique that I implemented. The plant bounced the next day.

all the lst and fimm seem to have had a more stressful effect on the plants than top at 2nd.

soon I’m going to have to take them to the flowering space.

5 Likes

You are not the only one!..

I Fimmed a bunch only to see ‘I wasn’t hitting low enough’ (those plants were out of control)
I started fooling around with small seamstress scissors.etc.
Nope. I’m back to BAM you are gone topping, I can hit that consistently.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Yeah I figured i prob didn’t cut at the right place… so in that case I’ll just go to topping like you lol.

I got the topping idea from UncleBen (although after reading lots of his stuff I realize he was a bit of a hit and miss in terms of advice and other stuff…). But in this regard, topping at the 2nd node made a very well distributed plant with four colas. I think you can tell in the picture which one it is.

2 Likes

So I think I have figured it, it’s a combo of non ideal vpd and high light intensity that had them drooping. I raised lights a bit more and gave them one more hour of rest, and they surely appreciated it

10 Likes

Anyone has a good link/thread/experienced opinion (good or bad) on lollipoping ?

3 Likes

I have finally separated the autos and the photos.

The whole thing has been a bit overwhelming, I think I have mites but I haven’t seen them although I’m pretty sure I spotted eggs. I’m wiping the foliage with potassic soap and taking a closer look.

5 Likes

Lollipopping DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT - but I did it anyway.

I noticed humidity spikes at night - I think I’m at week 3 in flower and decided to do it before I regretted with bud rot or something.

Before & after / I did not want to overdo it. (Should I have cut more ??)

Auto room (uneven) and S1 room still vegging (they get transplanted on Thursday and flipped in a week from then)

8 Likes

offically my first bud shots, don´t laugh… its only week 3 of flower - but i am so cornily proud. I hope they stay healthy and dont hermie from all the stress ive caused them

by the way, IS THERE A PATRON SAINT FOR MARIJUANA GROWERS?? im not a religious man, but i can always start.

11 Likes

End of week 3.

One of them has shown a deficiency that looks like K def. Im just not sure, it wouldn’t make that much sense.

buds forming.

11 Likes

Debatable. for example to the followers of Cathol, April 20 is St Marian, but I dont think he had anything to do with bhang… which leads me to Ganesha, the indian elephant god, opener of the way, remover of obstacles, I read some of them dirty hippies consider him to be weeds patron saint, HOWEVER, being a god excludes being a saint, no?

which leaves the inhabitants of daar-al-islam to consider. now, they had the sufis and they had the hashishim but did you know about Khizr? yup, the sufis liked him a lot.

I’d say Khizr or Khidr is the most fitting.

2 Likes

Quality stuff! thanks!!

1 Like

my pleasure! yep, al-Khadr kinda reads like Elija (chariots wheels etc) or elijah analoge…islamic mythos is mostly fun. I dont mind the sufis, Rumi had some wise thoughts but nothing the stoics weren’t jabbering about 1000yrs earlier. Omar Khayyam’s poetry is beautiful and that fucker loved his wine… anyway, what do I know.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Along for the ride. Man I need to read more journals.

Looking forward to seeing this in action.

If you’re going to hit her with epsom are you adding it to your feed or foliar spray?

1 Like

its a tough one, i see a lot of people advise against spraying anything on flower, but at the same time I feel I need a quick response. not sure if to spray carefully away from the buds, or just top dress and wait.

1 Like

I did a light foliar on one with epsom salts, see how it goes from there.

some baby bud (start of week 4 I believe) shots in the meanwhile.

11 Likes

Hopefully these will plump somewhere, somehow, sometime.

9 Likes

Quicks from my cellphone, ive been swamped:

11 Likes

For lack of a better word, Saint Cannabis! Not sure it exists, yet nothing tells us we can’t! Beautiful plants!! Congrats! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

1 Like

A little followup from yesterday. (ill post decent photos on the next weekend)

I should have put my gg4s to flower two weeks ago, but havent been able to clone them. hopefully ill be able to do that this week. They are big.

and according to my estimations, these are due or harvest in about 20 days. Although im thinking one might be even sooner than that. wanna guess?

6 Likes

Every thing is looking good mate, you should be proud.

To answer your question about lollipopping, it’s a good way to get rid of larf that doesn’t get enough light, this also allows all the plants energy to focus on the top colas without wasting it on the under growth. And since I know you are in a humid region it also helps with air flow, powdery mildew normally starts in the areas that are lacking circulation ie: the bottom of the plants.

Grap yourself a $10 jewellers loupe online to scope the back side of your leaves to see if you have any pests. Most are really hard or impossible to see with the naked eye. The loupe is also great for checking trichome progression and getting your harvest time right.

Also when you flip to flower you can take cuttings the first week without any issues of pre-flowers on your clones.

Not sure who that is but maybe he should stick to making rice haha

Looking forward to seeing your finished product, I think you have some fyah brewing :v:t4:

2 Likes