First Journal: GG4 S1 + Sweet Seeds/Fastbuds Autos (Bugbee Method)

Update from the GG4s

Week 4 of flower - Do you guys count flowering weeks from the day you flipped or from the day you see pistils?

11 Likes

personally, from the flip day.

2 Likes

7 Likes

It only makes sense to me from the day you flip! In any case different strains would always react differently, one would have to have a measuring system which would not depend on the development of the plant. My 2 cents!

2 Likes

Quick update, I had to prune a small puny branch and instead of throwing it away I decided to dry and smoke the little tic tac buds, and it was surprisingly good.

This is how the rest of the plant is doing on average :slight_smile: a lil nitrogen excess and heat… but doing very well.

8 Likes

btw these are the dried buds from the autos.

gg4 is near harvest.

8 Likes

Some of the GG4 had to be cut early because a fan fell over a plant and I had to remove all the affected branches.

This is some of that dried.

9 Likes

How’s she smell!? Sorry to hear about the fan! :green_heart:

1 Like

its the second time it happens hahaha so it was on me. the fan is really secured now tho.

so the smell is the only thing im not a big a fan. Even while growing, for a moment it seemed like it was going to smell sweet, but it turned to a strong dirt with a lil mint :man_shrugging:

Ive read a lot that this s1-s smell gets better after curing, so we;ll have to see. but i dont have high hopes in terms of smell really. On the other hand, I smoked it fresh and it hit hard even the larfy stuff¡

1 Like

I have some s1s as well I’m gonna be starting hopefully sooner than later. I was wondering how they will turn out myself. Smells are a big deal for me so I’m remaining hopeful! Let us know!!

I imagine that fan won’t be a problem anymore! :green_heart:

1 Like

Ok so I can tell you after 2 week cure that smell does improve vastly (or I got accustomed to it). The earthy smell that was pungent and consistent through out the grow, slowly subdued after drying and during curing. It turns into an earthy/sweet when in jar and earthy/fuel when grinded.

I kinda like it but its not a popular aroma, its more of an acquired taste… and that was true for all phenos, one pheno had a tad more fuel smell, but they were all very consistent - which is funny because the S1 of a hermie failed experiment (as the story goes with gg4) should not be that consistent as far as I suppose… anyway, hope that helps!

4 Likes