Vapor pressure deficit?

So I didn’t know what vapor pressure deficit was but this is a very informative article. Now I know there is a few super nerds here when it comes to cannabis. This might be great reading for them, but it’s good for all to know when you see how much it effects your plants! @pigeonman I believe you might like this article.

Yes I did just call you a weed nerd :rofl::rofl::rofl::kissing_heart:. Tag anyone who you think would enjoy this!

6 Likes

Pretty cool article. They touched briefly on leaf temp. That helped most when I learned about VPD.

1 Like

This is a good chart I refer to

1 Like

Damn.
I’m always in the danger zone on that chart! :rofl:

Seriously though @420noob, I used to be big into VPD. But…its kinda like chasing your pH.
It can consume you.

I often think back to something one of the greats once told me…
A plant can handle any environmental conditions, if given the proper TLC elsewhere.
-@BU2B
(This is not verbatim)

I agree.
If the cultivars I want to grow cant handle my shit, then they shouldn’t be in my garden. If I want to adapt to achieve a certain goal with something specific, I’ll do that.
But otherwise…meh.

7 Likes

Thanks for that totally get it. I just love learning new stuff, I’m a bit of a sponge. I like to know cause every once in a while a tid bit of that knowledge might be useful. Yes I’m a huge jeopardy fan maybe it’s the trivia lover in me!:rofl::rofl:. It’s way above my capabilities ATM anyways. I’m happy being able to get my Rh up to 40% in my tent :rofl:.

2 Likes

Ahh, the struggle of a dry climate…
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You ever run a humidifier?

1 Like

I feel this too. My climate is dry as well and there is only so much I can do. When I first started growing I had no idea my environment was so wacky. Learning VPD helped me figure out where my weakest links were.

I don’t look at sensor data obsessively anymore. It used to be maddening. I do the ‘best’ I can now and it serves me well, for the most part.

2 Likes

Dry mountainous climate here also.
It was quite the learning curve compared to where I come from.

2 Likes

Yep high plains desert here so ya whole new world to me. Yes I have a whole house humidifier in my plant room and a plastic tub of water with a paper wick for humidifier in it and fan blowing against it in my tent. That’s how I barely get 40% Rh. The rh outside is usually below 10% so big difference to make up. Also 1975 windows single pane that slide side to side. No heat stopping at all. They even have tictac size holes in each corner open to the outside for what idk water drainage?🤦