Varietals useful for PTSD and anxiety

So much reefer madness around toking when the real addiction is growing, collecting plants and pollen chucking… The more you dive down the rabbit hole the deeper and more endless it becomes lol, I’m always amazed at how much more there is to learn even after 20+ odd years since I popped my first seed.

5 Likes

That’d be the golden girl for sure, part of me wonders how much we can shorten the flowering time without affecting the quality of the effects. I’m also curious about how legalization will affect the pressure to have quick flowering varieties. As the laws change around the world it’s going to significantly impact the economics of dope when we aren’t trying to grow tropical crops in northern, temperate environments. I think we’ll see a lot of changes as consumers mature in legal markets as I imagine we’ll see the same diversified tastes and range of personal preferences as you do with alcohol compared to what people were drinking under prohibition.

1 Like

Hah. That addiction is real my friend.

1 Like

When i saw your thread, it made me happy to see an opportunity to help someone else with my own experiences. Im glad we’re all on the same page. There’s so much info online about how useful indicas are at reducing anxiety and PTSD. I think there are people who repond well to indicas for anxiety And we should also think about that too.

2 Likes

I know of a pharma company that is developing 8 different strains for specific problems. They are investing alot of time and money into it. The most important part is that the products actually work. The longer flowering times will be well compensated when these products make it to market. But it will be a completely different playing field. And guys like us who home grow will still need the ease of shorter flowering times to negate cost. The economy is not getting any better…
At the same time, the pharma company I am talking about is one on the seed side of the future market. So I guessing these will be sterile, and feminized seeds, given the maker of the seeds.

2 Likes

I’ll be curious to see how that works out, it seems like people have widely different reactions and usually have to go through a process of trial and error to figure out what works best for their own needs. Although I’ve always wondered if that’s a matter of personal biochemistry or the highly variable and often questionable nature of genetics because of prohibition and how it inflates the profits, which drives more aggressive marketing. I fully expect a lot of changes with legalization and the monetization that’ll inevitably follow, which is why I think communities of personal growers like OG are so important. If there aren’t passionate seed savers preserving the old seeds like you see with vegetables then we’ll see a massive loss of genetic diversity. This conversation has me thinking about TreatingYourself.com which was a pretty magical forum while active being patient driven and focused on mutual support.

3 Likes

So true especially when you see the creep of intellectual property rights and some of the bigger players in the agri world pushing into this world.

2 Likes

100% ACDC. So much so i have a dedicated 1-hitter for it on my at all times. Shoot me a pm if you’d like some beans. :+1:

6 Likes
2 Likes

@Pigeonman thanks so much for the generosity. Good medicine that I’ll share with those I know who are in need.

7 Likes

Hi fellow OGers, we need your help with cultivars for people who are prone to anxiety or paranoia. My dear wife have had a problem with increased sensitivity to anxiety or paranoia prone cultivars and we are on a hunt for new strains to explore.

Can you please help us OG?

Pz :v:t2:

16 Likes

Get you a cut of lumpys apple fritter. I have ptsd and severe anxiety. It kills it. Tunes help me too .

12 Likes

My wife is prone to terrible anxiety and absolutely loves GDP for night time smoke. We chopped a Blueberry OG from Barney’s farm a couple of months ago, and she has pretty much quit taking Xanax. Purple Kush is another one she really enjoys.

11 Likes

So far UK Cheese has been very very helpful :ok_hand:

9 Likes

I’ve got the PTSD as well, depending on mood I find both indicas and sativas help, hybrids can sometimes be confusing to sort out how I feel on them when I’m already activated. For indicas I like GDP/Purps, Black Domina, LA Pure Kush, GG4/Gorilla Bubble, very heavy down in the dirt sort of stuff but not necessarily narcotic or stupefying. And for sativas I’ve found C99 hybrids and African sativa hybrids (especially Nigerian) to be clarifying and make it easier for me to grip my anxiety and control it. Hope this helps her!

9 Likes

Most Kush not all.
Bubba Kush
Obama Kush
Master Kush
Critical Kush

8 Likes

I find Moby Dick to amazing for handling stressful social interactions.

5 Likes

You can probably turn most strains into something that works for you by messing around with decarb times.

Decarbing at 100 degr. Celsius (212 F) for different lengths of time. my personal findings

1:1 (CBD:THC) cultivars might be interesting as well.

Method of cultivation could make a difference too.
Perhaps certain synthetic fertilizers are what induce paranoia and anxiety in cannabis?
Would very much like to see some independent studies done on that. :thinking:

@ReikoX can help you with tincture, raw cannabis (THCa) can soothe oncoming panic attacks as well.

5 Likes

Being able to flux vape temperature and also (at least for me) mixing kind buds with with CBD hemp buds in different ratios in a dry herb vape was a real game changer for my relationship with weed. Makes it much easier to enjoy without worry ill start to panic. If i ever do, i can quick hit a bowl of just CBD and it almost always kicks it right back down.

I picked up a couple CBD ounces of small buds and shake last year and i still have most of it left. Like $25 a oz shipped to my door (US). Sometimes this timeline aint so bad :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Though cannabinoid effect various from person to person, it’s worth noting that Moby Dick gave me the worst panic attack I’ve ever had after smoking. :flushed::sweat_smile:

I also will echo both @Rogue regarding various decarb temps, and @Not-Notjosh regarding alternative vape temperatures and CBD flower.
Hoku Seeds sells both flower and excellent CBD lines.

3 Likes