Varietals useful for PTSD and anxiety

Hey everyone I’ve been looking for a few recommendations from anyone who may have come across cultivars they found useful for PTSD or anxiety.

10 Likes

How are your experiences smoking grass right now?
A bit edgey… or is it giving you the pounding chest/i think im having a heart attack type like a panic attack type of high?

3 Likes

Ak bean brains A1

9 Likes

According to my personal Log Book, the following strains/varieties are said to offer relief from BOTH PTSD and Anxiety: GSC, Do-Si-Dos, White Widow, Blue Dream, Purple Urkle, Mimosa, ACDC, Strawberry Banana, Master Kush, GDP, Jack Herer, and Canna-Tsu (in no particular order!!). Hope this helps, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Longtime smoker and enjoy the effects as they come. The higher thc strains I find do come on a bit edgier but that’s not unwanted ;). Looking for something that’ll bring things down and help snap things back when I get stuck in the shit and ramped up too much. I’ve had little experience with CBN or CBG so am wondering if something balanced in that direction has been found helpful. I know everyone’s experience with the plant is subjective but looking to see if there is any commonalities amongst the suggestions.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info

Great suggestions misterbee thank you

1 Like

Blackberry Kush
Blackberry Fire
Dos si do
Dosilato
Bubba Kush
OG Kush
SFV OG
N.L
Garlic Drip
Just to name a few lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I personally have pretty xtreme anxiety. I find that heavy sativas strain make me feel the happiest. Although grandaddypurp is a personal favorite for me. Its really one of the few indica dominant strains I still enjoy. Also, skunk is a really decent strain for anxiety too. Hard not to have some skunk growing :wink:

3 Likes

The way I’m using cannabis now is to decarb at 100 degr. Celsius for 1 hr 11 mins, take out half of the batch and let the other half go on until 2 hrs 22 mins.
Then eat a third of a teaspoon of each before breakfast.
Microdosing cannabis, if you will.
Very balanced feeling, less is more when it comes to anxiety and PTSD.

1 Like

Great suggestions. I’ve tried a few of those. Time to add a few in the stable I think.

1 Like

Thanks rogue I will try that

1 Like

Highlo has been a god send, it’s a cannatonic selection so high cbd and low thc, mixing it with high THC varieties when I’m having anxiety or feeling triggered helps me get centered while mitigating the risk that smoking will make the anxiety worse.

1 Like

Thanks somatech, I’ve had good luck with cannatonic in the past. Hard to source in my area. Thanks for the tip I had forgotten about that one.

1 Like

I find growing my own the only reliable way to ensure I have the meds I need, partly as I’m picky about what I smoke and I like long flowering, low yielding, stimulating varieties which just aren’t commercially available. Although I fully realize not everyone is lucky enough to have that option, good luck in your search for the meds to meet your needs

2 Likes

I think we all can remember having anxiety early on, and we could smoke some herb and feel better, then after we got older it turns into a debilitating condition and the herb could make things worse if you over-induged. I got worse after i started growing, I turned to indica dom strains to help. Just made it worse.
It wasnt until i took the time to grow 100% pure sativas that i realized I was on the wrong side of the spectrum and that indica strains, now in contrast seem vulgar to a point. Just a bad feeling. Pain pills make me feel the same way. My high was not at a controllable level for me to manage my everyday life, with all the struggles it brings like everyone experiences. Just normal shit like going to a job you hate. Go there with a sativa head and you’ll be much happy incomparision with the indica stuff.
Even with all the horribleness that anxiety can bring into a life, it is nice to see that I do not struggle alone.

6 Likes

It’s funny how often people (myself included) seem to start off loving the heavy/sedative buzz only to transition to the more stimulating/cerebral effects as they grow old. When I was posting on CW/the original OG when I was a beginner I was all about the indica’s culminating with getting a cut of Dr Greenthumbs Iranian indica mom (still one of the best plants I’ve ever grown) but now Sensi Star is the only sedative mom I’ve kept as the rest are more stimulating or balanced in their effect. Years ago I needed pot that settled my mind to help cope with undiagnosed ADHD but now that I smoke for pain management and managing anxiety I find stimulating varieties meet my needs better without getting in the way of my daily activities.

Although I find I have to be careful as some definitely amplify my anxiety and paranoia, is your experience similar?
The pure Guatamalan is a good example which was like drinking a couple shots of espresso and would be overwhelming with nervous energy forcing you to get up and do stuff to avoid paranoia. Hopefully crossing it to Ace’s Honduras will mellow out the harsh edge of the Guatamalan, improve the yield/bud structure of both sides and add some potency to the Honduras side which had a really nice buzz but was a bit weak. I’ll see how the cross works out and possibly do a proper pheno hunt through the Honduras F2’s to find some better males for crossing to the Guatamalan, as well as some reversed crosses between females.

3 Likes

Sticking to the same smoke helps tolerate indica high, but yes it sucks sometimes when I am between harvest and all they got is indica. My tolerance would dip a bit then id score a bag and smoke and be like oh no. Start paceing the room trying to chill out. Low blood pressure is the main problem. Lowers it way too much…

1 Like

@V4vendetta thanks for sharing that and I appreciate the words of wisdom. I find it familiar. Similarly I started out a heavy indica user, mainly due to the supply I had available at the time in the black market. Just prior to legalization in Canada I got my licence under the ACMPR regime, and at the same time was forced out of work with ptsd. You’re certainly not alone friend.

Naturally my first few runs were all heavy broad leaf strains that I was familiar with from my time . I found that growing, plant therapy, was almost more rewarding than the medicating and found myself starting to explore more sat dom hybrids and find they are certainly more helpful for me when I’m stuck in the shit.

Now, I find growing to be one of the more fulfilling parts or my daily life. I’ve recently harvested my first seed run and am excited to see the results. I’ll probably try to journal the first test runs here now that I’ve found the forum. If the project any good I’ll be very excited to share with anyone interested. It’ll be Happy (pheno)Hunting in the mean time.

4 Likes

I think finding the quickest flowering sativa phenos in landraces would help us provide medicine at a faster rate than 16 weeks lol. South African zulu is a pretty decent yeilder with the smooth sativa high we both seem to like and finishes faster then other sativas.

3 Likes