Vertical farming @Ttystikk

@Illyssian my trellis panels go from just above the RDWC tubs to the 8’ ceiling. There’s no room for lighting above and the trellis has 24ft² of growing area in a footprint of only 6ft². Lighting from the side is therefore more effective and the whole system is designed to be far more productive per square foot than traditional flatlander approaches.

4 Likes

I understand.

Be well.

2 Likes

You looked at hydroponic research veg+bloom?

1 Like

I have. It’s MUCH more expensive than the dry nutrients I get from hydro-gardens.com

They’re the same 26 nutrients. I see no reason to spend more for them than necessary.

3 Likes

Is the ratio the same

1 Like

What’s the ratios on veg+bloom?

1 Like

Hd is 8-5-13 the shine bloom additive is 0-22-12

1 Like

That would work fine too.

There is no magic in nutrients. Plants can tolerate a pretty wide range of ratios without harmful effects.

The secret? The sum of the parts; environment, lighting, nutrition, genetics and training.

3 Likes

hey ttystikk as you know I’ve been looking at dry nutes I bit into the megacrop promo & so far it’s working good but tbh as soon as I get my liquid nutes used up or they get old I’m gonna order from the place in Colorado you use as I haven’t found a better deal yet the main difference I see in the megacrop is their marketing & promotion of their product

2 Likes

Yea i see there but hydroponic research design there ratio especially for marijuanna alot if nutes companies dont they just work for marijuanna not saying yours i actually havent looked the megacrop up so i cant say i just like how its made by growers for growers and i agree no magic in nutrients for sure but starting out with something tailored for your needs is only going to help you know i look forward to seeing your grow im gettin super good results with mine so im happy an thatd whats matters i think i wanna see yours im loyal but not stupid so if i see something good ill def have to give ut a look see there sir

2 Likes

The hydro-gardens nutrients are usually sold to greenhouses for commercial crops from strawberries and cucumbers to lettuce and tomatoes, with custom blended formulas for each. They even have formulas that compensate for hot climates.

Since they’re in Colorado they do have a ‘4-20’ formula specifically blended for cannabis- but the important thing to remember is that the base nutrient salts are all the same.

I’m very happy with their 5-11-26 hydroponic special formula. Add a bit of MKP in bloom and some mag sulfate and it’s all good!

3 Likes

Im defitnatly going to have to check them up

Merry Christmas to all!

3 Likes

Looks to be a rebuilding year…

Who else is looking at one?

3 Likes

I am so resisting the urge to turn my 10x10 workshop into a propped grow room. But before I can add more light, I need to run a dedicated 20-amp circuit. Right now I share a 15-amp with the TV room. The walls on the workshop are thin and made if paneling, so I would like to insulate and sheet rock that. The door jam is also fucked up (two inch gap at the bottom), so I will have to do that and get either a solid core door or possibly a steel one. After that, I want to build two rooms a 5’x5’x7’ for flower and a 5’x3’x7’ for mothers and clones. I want to get a 4’ wire shelf and mound 3’ T5s on them, or maybe SolStrips. Of course. I’ll need to upgrade the A.C. unit, and want to build a second COB light like I have. Would then need to build up a bunch of soil and fill the room with 15-gal no-till pots.

Sounds like a lot of :moneybag: :money_mouth: :money_with_wings:

9 Likes

In the summer I’m going to undo a lot of the work I did in my shed and expand my growing area… but not quite like one would think. I’ll post about it in my experiment thread.

Sounds like work lol… but the rewards would be so worth it.

@Ttystikk The lack of pics in this thread are bothering me lol. I know you mentioned a rough grow but show it off lol.

3 Likes

Not this run. I’m neglecting the fuck out of them while my daughter is in town.

4 Likes

Family first. When I traveled for the holidays this year, I didn’t care if I came back to dead plants or not… my kids come first, and I only get to see them a handful of weeks out of the year, so I couldn’t miss out on this.

I for sure understand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s pretty much the situation. I get a couple of weeks once or twice a year and the rest of the time she’s in Africa. Only a phone call away and we talk every week, but it’s not the same…

2 Likes

New batch in place, this strain likes 9-10 weeks, so they’ll be done the first week of March;

10 Likes