Wanting to make a hydroponic system

Hydroponics is very easy . Im my all my years Ive never grown with soil. Its the precise science of botany . If you can follow directions well you can achieve success with hydroponics. PPM and PH are keys to happy plants. You will need two decent meters.
Bucket size depends on how you want to grow . Lights depend on how much / many plants and how fast you want to grow. Top 3 are aeroponics , dwc with the option of reticulation and fogponics.
The easiest I think is Ebb and flow . Because the plants arent sitting in thew nutrient solution you have a buffer if you make a mistake.
Led rein supreme for true watt by true watt . Also if you go to buy true 1000 watts you will spend 800$ unlike a hid that cost 130 for a full kit ( ballast chords bulbs hood and yoyos) for 1000w . Not to say success isnt achieved with led there are some great grows with them c, 100 w led doesnā€™t have the intensity as a 1000w as marketed. Also depending on where you grow the lack of heat from led will be a problem . I need the heat.
If you have questions fire away.

constructing a dwc is the easy part. Just make sure water temps are 20C, 30C is death. If you are on the cusp with 25C you must be very careful the plants donā€™t absorb too much oxygen from the roots and generate 7ppm of oxygen in the water as that will kill the plant when the pythium fungus blooms. Temperature spikes and larger plants result in respiration increase. Reservoir size determines ph buffering/water uptake buffering :wink:

I have a questionā€¦ Iā€™m getting a food table set up
4x4 table 30 to 40 gallon res i have a 1/4 hp chiller and my pumpsā€¦ My tap water on avg is 230 to 250 ppm ph of around 8.5. With this in mind how important is an ro filter to my grow can i have a successful grow without one or is it PLUM necessaryā€¦

1 Like

I would only use a whole house type filter to keep sediment from clogging your chiller. My well water is 575 PPMā€™s out of the tap.
My simple whole house filter, gets me down to 200-300 ppmā€™s and itā€™s fine in my set upā€™s anyway.
Iā€™m a simple personal grower, so a commercial op may want to go RO, as a precautionā€¦but I still do not think itā€™s necessary.
Best to ya!

1 Like

Thanks that info helps me a lot appreciate ya

1 Like