Optimal amount for DWC grow

I’m looking to setup a new tent and I want to do a perpetual grow. This will be my first time indoors and I know that I want to do DWC but I want to veg in a 5x5 and flower in a 5x9. What would be the optimal amount to grow during veg to get the most out of flowering?

Or maybe I should go with the 8x8 with the 5x5?

Well, there are a lot of factors here.What is the planned # of plants ? Container size ? Style of grow (sog, modular scrog, other). Tent height ? You will have at the flower tent plants of different ages ?
I think your question is too generic or perhaps I failed to fully understand the question.

I was asking how many plants would be optimal in my grow space. Going top quality with everything I want the best! The tents are going to be gorilla tents so height would be 6’11". Container size I’d like to do 5 gallon? But again idk that’s why I’m asking I want to get the most amount of bud I can for as often as I can. Figured scrog would be the best method for this? Though I am new that’s why I’m asking I have no experience and heard this was good forum

This is really an open-ended question, it depends on how YOU want to grow.
I grow up to 35 plants in a 2x4’ space and my mate grows just one plant in a 4x4’ space.
you can take all the suggestions from all the guys that grow differently in different size and style pots and differing amounts but in the end, it is just your decision.
one thread to look at for good yield numbers is this one from @Takeshy

4 Likes

I told you I want to do a perpetual grow but I want to get as much dry weight as often as I can, not sure should i grow like you said 35 plants or 8 to achieve this. Not quite sure by what you mean when you say the way I want to grow? Title says DWC?

And yes that post was beautiful :star_struck: I hope to achieve something like that one sea of green or screen of green they call it? It helps train your plants? I’ve read about it before it’s been a long time

What he is trying to say is pop some beans and find out what suits you best. There are 1,000,001 ways to grow DWC in your space. My XYZ set up might not be a way you can be successful at. Ya dig? The only way to find out is to get your feet wet. Start some plants and then decide what works for you.

1 Like

A definitive answer…
Step 1. Get yourself an 8 week strain and put 8 clones in the system weekly. for a total of 64 DWC Perpetual plants.
For around 6-7? ounces a week after 8 weeks.

Step 2. Sell all your gear and grow in soil because it turns out that DWC SoG Perpetual is too much work for you having 64 plants and at least 24 clones and a couple of mother plants.

Welcome to Overgrow.

2 Likes

I guess I didnt really wanna do that I’m trying to make some money while the goins good ya feel? Tired of making everyone else money and legalization is coming soon need to get on the money train while I can. Planned on dropping 10k on a bad ass grow op that’s why I wanted some input from maybe someone who in same boat?

Money train?? Where?

That’s what I wanna hear pedro. This would be my full time job though I have time to do it in a sense I guess I dont work technically.

Lol Jekyll what you mean ppl love good ganja and are willing to pay

1 Like

:open_mouth: ten grand… how much space do you have ?

My buddy is giving me his trailer but I still wanted to use tents. Just a single wide idk the dimension.

1 Like

Dont spend the entire kitty on dwc, tents, and lights. Save some for AC, scent controll, and Dehu. :wink: often overlooked till its needed.

1 Like

That was all included in my plan co2, temp control, humidity control, carbon filters the kit n kaboodle I’ve done research just not sure about a few things like how many buckets should I use? Should I even use buckets or should I use a tote that can grow multiple plants from it? I just want the most bang for my buck but still grow organic and grow some ass buds. I want to try using advanced nutrients it seems pretty legit. Is there an all in one one heater ac humidifier I can get lol thats be great!

1 Like

Heres some things I was looking at already.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/9W73OFH4M7YL/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_1

Hoping prime days good to me next week :crossed_fingers:t2:

Is a 50 lb co2 tank necessary or would I be ok with 20lb tanks for each tent? It wont let me reply for another 19 hours I guess I said to much :confused:

1 Like

Hey bro thats a nice shopping list so far. I have no experience with hydro as of yet. But i would recommend you choose a different fan as the one you have chosen isnt a great type of fan. I would go for an Rvk as they are pretty powerful and last

It depends on the heighth you can put the light so that you get the spread you need to cover your plants. Another factor is how big your gonna let your plants get. 4x4 space with 4 plants in 5 gallon containers should do you pretty well as long as you know how to grow. Theres a lot of factors. Best thing to do is dive in head first and if you have any sense about you, you will see whats working and whats not. Have fun, thats the key.

1 Like