Welcome to the High Garden

It’s alive!!:fearful: :scream: :cold_sweat:

This little feller just won’t die.

kinda feel bad at this point

3 Likes

This week in the High Garden

The cookies are doing their thing. Probably have another 20 days to go now. Looks like I should get a few ounces off the two. Nice frosty nugs scattered throughout. If I can keep them short, but bushy these ladies will do great. I’ll have to start training more diligently. Right now they’re holding each other up haha.

Close up

I decided to move the new oscillating fan I to the veg room cause obviously that makes more sense.

My green wizard S1 is coming along nicely. Maybe another 30 days for the seeds to mature.

Veg side is fantastic. Need to do some more pruning and training on the cookies. Only in solo cups but they stretch faster than my :chestnut: :chestnut: on a hot summer day.

I sowed four of the remaining 7 Zella seeds into jiffy pucks last night and two have already sprouted (mostly.)

This is what brings me the most joy.
These are my children. :heart::heart::blush:

7 Likes

And in preparation of the now underway co-op strain preservation project, I have cleaned out the future male dormitory.

Not the prettiest but I’ve grow a good bit in there when we first moved and never had any issues.

The 2x4 tray in the veg room is going to be moved back into the closet where I had it originally, that’s why it’s on wheels.
I’m then going to build a 4x4 tray for veg. Will also be building a door where I will attach pc fans for air extraction and a passive intake on the bottom.

For lighting we’ll just use one of the blurples.

I plan on building a new light for veg using an HLG-185H-C1400B and two Helios FH-120S 3500k boards from Folux Solutions wired in series. 200 watts for veg sounds decent, plus the 135 from the blurple when I’m not using it for males.

4 Likes

Got all the girls situated on the new 4x4. Look happy. Now to get some new veg lights.

And the Zella #1 is doing good still. It’s alive at least. We now have three Zella sprouted in jiffy pucks.

3 Likes

nice vintage wallpaper - is that the Victorian era? :smile: That closet looks so much like the one I used to grow in my 1840’s house, I had to double-check to make sure it wasn’t the same house.

The house had a semi-furnished attic with closets and somebody’s ancient wood shop from the 1800’s, there were antique rusty tools & stuff. Closets are great!

2 Likes

Ha! I wish it were Victorian. She was built in 1904 I believe. Yeah the wallpaper in the closet was probably the only original piece of the house haha. There’s about 5 different decades of style scattered about.

Be sure there is a lot of moving air when you do this. The area of the plant stuck under the shell can die off if it stays too wet for too long. Ask me how I know. :thinking:

Wondering if we can fine tune the soil a bit.

What’s the recipe you have running again?

1 Like

Oh I’m sure we can do a lot to my soil. Currently it’s Ocean Forest, Black Kow composted manure, and perlite. Honestly I have no idea how much of any is in there. I’ve been slowly adding to the soil with whatever I can find. It was mostly reused ocean forest until a couple months ago I added a bag of black Kow to the mix.

1 Like

I thought Victorian era went up to the 1920’s? What do you call the houses from 1900-1930???

1 Like

No freaking clue haha. But out of the list @99PerCent posted, the closest one that resembled mine is the shingle house haha. Without shingles for siding.

1 Like

It did, but few if any new styles were developed during that point. Mostly the up and coming middle class began to purchase them with less and less characteristic features as time went on. Was mostly done by the depression.

2 Likes

Well it looks like I’ll need to try different germ methods. Apparently straight to soil is the correct way.

Out of 7 seeds, 4 germed, and three survived. I am probably at fault for that. I’ll wear the cone for now.

Well we’re at least up to 4 seedlings now. Should get at least one male.

3 Likes

So I was wondering about a soil upgrade for when these are ready.

Do you have access to a good gardening center and about $50 - $75 to set up some soil for the next several runs?

1 Like

I certainly do have those things yes sir :blush:

So what I have found is that aeration is 2nd to food.

If inclined, I might gather some of these things. Maybe some others will chime in too.

A base soil mix. I have been using a potting mix called Sunshine #4 Organic. Basically it is peat, perlite and hopefully a wetting agent and some microbial ingredients to help get things going.

A good compost. Can’t say enough about this. Go organic. Coast of Maine Penobscott Blend is nearly perfect. Not sure why, but I have had good results.

Aeration. At least 30% of your mix should be something that keeps pockets of air in the soil. Perlite is generally the go-to. I have found that about 40 - 45% rice hulls work well for me. There is perlite in the above noted soil mixes and it helps too. Vermiculite is another go to, but I have never used it.

Additionally, there are certain nutrients that cannabis seems to like. Bat Guano, Kelp Meal, Alphalpha Meal, Lobster Meal (Coast of Maine) and some other goodies for conditioning the soil like organic gypsum, dolomite lime and Epsom Salt.

Other nutes may help, but I have found this basic mix works well.

Once it is all mixed, you should be able to squeeze it when its a little wet and it won’t compress, but crumble apart when you let go. The roots will want to make their way through a loose, acidic, nute rich mix. Water and watch.

That’s my soil mix.

5 Likes

Wow. Awesome dude. Ok most of it I will probably have to source online but I will definitely work on it.

Thank you for the recipe. Got lots of shopping to do.

1 Like

There are lots of things that can work about as well. Never hurts to try things.

1 Like

Well it’s a bright and sunny day up here in the High Garden.

330 watts Metal halide for these ladies from now on. They looks so purdy :heart_eyes:

And the younglings

Huge thanks to @Palindrome for helping me with the wiring the light. *new to HID lighting.

What’s this? Time to actually test stuff I guess. Tests EC, PPM, and temp.

4 Likes

Last night I discover mold on my Green Wizard S1 project and had to emergency seed harvest.

Kind of scary cause I’ve never had mold before.

Humidity was at 85% so a dehumidifier is next in the list.
The exhaust fan was only on during light hours so it is now on 24/7.

I have given the seeds to my wife to grow. She decided she wants to try. She can’t handle smoking most of the time and has a tendency to throw up. So we’re hoping the high cbd in the wizard will suit her better.

3 Likes