WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

This image
Anyway, some nice wood if you decide to build furniture.

5 Likes

Hi @Tejas.

I understand what you were saying and which picture you were referring to.

I’m saying I took those 5 pictures sequentially (one after the other, walking up that board from the same perspective as the picture you’re referring to) all along that same board and I can’t find what is in that picture you’re referring to.

At this point, the only explanation I have is that they are pores that were opened and are now closed.

Again, I could be wrong. But, I just don’t find it in the pictures I just took after reading your post. Those are real-time images.

Thank you for your participation, @Tejas - it is greatly appreciated! tup

My challenge to ‘anyone’ looking in is to find that peculiarity in the sequential images I just took ???

It is an interesting topic I am more than willing to learn more of.tup

And, yes…beautiful wood! The plan at this point in time, subject to change, is that I will build everything from this point out will be with the Red Oak. Besides the grow related things I need to build I also have a serious need for kitchen cabinets with drawers. Right now I have exactly 1 kitchen draw ROFLMAO , and it is in a IKEA type cabinet, which I abhor! I understand other people using them, I just personally don’t like them.

Regards, @Tejas,
WHAB

3 Likes

This is pretty crazy ! ROFLMAO

I think Amazon and Winter broke UPS…

It’s the T5 tubes I have been waiting on.

To add to it, about 3 days ago Amazon sent me a message that the package was lost and I should file for a refund or exchange, then this continued after that message ROFLMAO

smoke,
WHAB

4 Likes

Serious question…

Does anyone have any idea if these products have a shelf life?

Except for the Supernatural, which I did personally like for its simplicity, they are all full or nearly full.

Any problems using them? Anything I should know about using them IF I use them?

Edit I forgot this one. It, too, is full. I set it aside for some reason.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! tup

smoke,
WHAB

4 Likes

This is pretty incredible! woohoo

No, not the inline fans, a 6", a 4" and a mini (it’s not a pancake fan, it’s on its own adjustable base) fan, I unpacked and discovered they still work - besides the sketchy wiring (I’ll address that properly) - which is fantastic! tup

No, it’s not that the small air pump and air stone still work tup

It’s the Bluelab replacement parts I need to hopefully get my Bluelab pH Truncheon working, that they, Bluelab, no longer supports frown

That’s my writing on the package, the last time I changed the part out. Now I’m going to try to determine what they are made of, assess their dimensions and IF the truncheon still works, I’ll make some! Hopefully! winky tup

Goes to show you should always carefully go through things while paying close attention to what you’re doing. It looks like an old package of some unknown sort. Could have easily been tossed in a cleanup of this size!

woohoo to hoping it’s usable. I was not looking forward to buying another one after paying more than $100 for the one I have a decade+ ago woohoo IF! winky tup

Oh, I said a cleanup of this size…

This :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: is a HUGE task but, I’m :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: going through it. Incredible!!! tup

BIG ol’ smoke,
WHAB

7 Likes

Hello, sorry for the delay …

I sent the photos without comment … I’ll edit the post with some explanation …

The early hours of the morning the colors are more vivid !!

[Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa

I still don’t work with carpentry, wood is for building the house … But there is always something left …
When I finish this step I will set up a carpentry and learn in practice … My uncle and my father make beautiful pieces, I will post for you to take a look …

Regarding the house, we are raising the walls. It will be half conventional material and the other half recycled material.

I’ll be posting some photos too …

Hug and we follow …*

*google translation

4 Likes

Looks like you got your work cut out for yourself. Upside is you wont be getting board anytime soon.
Its always nice to find goodies laying around you can use.:grinning:

4 Likes

Ok so I just had time to read this whole thread :slight_smile:

My God WHAB you have got it going on my friend what a lot of work

but it so worth when it is finished

I am so glad you found here and have become a part of this OverGrow

as it is always great to read what you are up to

all the best my friend and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

Hey WHAB,
Ambitious project to tackle solo, My hats off to you friend, very cool.
Didn’t get thru the whole thread yet , but I will be back to watch you work!!!

Grace and Peace
Iggy

3 Likes

His work area looks like mine. It’s not a disaster… it’s a “work in progress “ all the best to you WHAB.

5 Likes

I did go through some of your guerilla grow. I’m not through it all, yet. What I saw looked AMAZING @Gugumelo . Especially under your circumstance - the need for the guerilla part.

I do hope to see your work, sincerely!

Be well, friend!

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like

I am joining MPG as we speak. I totally need friends like you. I would be there helping with that amazing beauty. I am very jelly of the schoolhouse. I get to renovate alot of older homes but nothing like this. Sorry to hear about the current weather circumstances and the repercussions. I am Slymer. Nice to meet. I am here often but not as talkative.

All the contractor I associate with are all new builds. They run away from my projects lol.

3 Likes

Yes, my plate is plenty full! smokeit2

I haven’t done anything today. Needed a little break.

I did get this far yesterday…

Which doesn’t look like much from afar - but, was HUGE! I hit one box full of very important “Maker” items that needed sorting and properly put away. That took the most time last night.

I did finally receive the Johnson Paste Wax (shown above) I ordered and USPS told me they were holding at my request (that I never made) then showed up yesterday anyway in a Apology bag, sorry we did this and that to your mail ROFLMAO

So, I ‘may’ think about cleaning up and applying a protective finish to her - ‘maybe’.

And, yes, while I have not gone beyond researching getting the Bluelab pH Truncheon operational, it is on my short-list. I am not looking forward to putting out another $100 to replace it when I certainly know I’ll need one when I get to the feeding stages of this endeavor. It’s unavoidable. I must have one. The continuous monitoring units are over $300 (which would be nice to have - but as of right now, are priced out).

Thank you for your input and discussion, @LilJonB ! It’s appreciated!

smoke,
WHAB

4 Likes

That wagon is killer man.

The added radio function on the site is crazy cool. this is the only site ive found with it!

I assume your an engineer of sorts…

3 Likes

Let it be known: you have always been on my “favorite” list, my old friend! Truly and sincerely.

You’ve always been kind, considerate, encouraging and helpful! Let it also be known: it has not gone unnoticed! tup

Yeah, a ton of work. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! ROFLMAO

I’m extremely glad to have found this spot on the end of these confounded wires, too! Had I known earlier I wouldn’t have hesitated jumping in earlier.

Thank you so very much for your kind words, my friend!

I have been following your grow thread. Damn Dude! smokeit2

I haven’t participated in it more than looking in, regrettably. I do plan to address that regards your fine work and the work of @Gugumelo

Thank you, brother! Back’atcha!

Warm regards,
WHAB

4 Likes

Hello @iggypuffs wavy

Yes, ambitious, but happy to engage in it. Almost everything I do here or have done here fulfills me. I’m at peace here.

It may hurt my back but I’m thrilled to do it. I just have a delayed schedule, at times.

Thank you for your participation here, Iggy. I deeply appreciate your kind and encouraging words! tup

Grace and peace to you, too, friend!

smoke,
WHAB

5 Likes

Thank you, old friend! wavy

It doesn’t come across in typed words the facial expression I wear just reading your typed words! Extraordinary! rockon

Thank you, brother! Back’atcha tenfold!tup

HUGE biggrin,
WHAB

3 Likes

Hello there @Slym3r ! wavy

Glad to make your digital acquaintance! wavy

Yeah, I’ve been diggin’ this place since the first time I heard about it and that was well before I ever saw it. In fact, when I did visit this property the first time I didn’t even see it even though I wasn’t more than 200 feet from it. The trees and other greenery were lush.

I was standing to the left of that trailer, left of the tongue and had no idea it was there.

There is that brush and that’s an old Oak there that blocked my view. It was there the whole time. While I drove up I passed it and even looked for it as I was driving. I never saw it. I had no idea.

When I got out of my car (to the left of those bushes and the old Oak) it’s the first thing I asked about “Hey, where is the schoolhouse” - “It’s right there (they pointed with there finger)” ROFLMAO

It’s awesome building anything. I do have a fond appreciation of building buildings. I have trained in it. I took a college course in it. But, my back just hates me for it! ROFLMAO

Welcome, @Slym3r . Pleasure to have you aboard!

Take very good care! smoke,
WHAB

8 Likes

I forgot to mention. MPG is my long-time home. I do appreciate all they, my friends and foes, over there have done for me - even if it was only engaging in argument! winky tup

Thank you, @Slym3r …I really like her, too. She’s very special.

I hope, it is my plan, to give her some attention this working season - in between everything else I have going on. I do have a rear brake assembly on the car I drive now that will soon HAVE TO BE done, so there’s that.

It just needs a fuel pump to get her running. I’ve just been reluctant to fork out the nearly $300 for one (from memory, and the last time I looked) for one. I’m pretty sure I found one on O’Reilly’s computer for around $70. It looked exactly like it but I didn’t have my fuel pump in hand to do a full comparison and haven’t had it in hand until recently.

It smokes a bit. I think it just needs a valve adjustment. It may be rings. I can, and will, do either one…whatever she needs.

It’s drive-able with just the fuel restored to her historic heartbeat.

Thanks for showing my fine lady some appreciation - she loves it! biggrin

I have not been here long enough to venture out too far afield. I only just yesterday started Pandora :laughing:

Not degree’d in engineering, no. I am possessed of a great appreciation of, knowledge of and understanding of the art. I have been given engineering authority in many important endeavors! Some of my best and favorite conversations, and my best friendships, in aviation where with engineers. I also spent a great deal of time with “Planners”, the people that organize the work blocks being performed - AO’s (Assembly Orders) in regards, McDonnell Douglas/Boeing - the order of operations.

Man, do I ever miss it!

Thanks again, friend!
WHAB

6 Likes

And, before it gets too late. Some important news from yesterday now winky

MMMP 0002 2021-02-19

17 days start to finish (less if you subtract weekends).

Understand, too, that I don’t grant the Government that authority over me. I did it only as protection - even though I personally worked advocating for such a legal system, and spent many days in courthouses in support of unjustly accused individuals - against Government.

I only did it on a whim, never intended to intentionally do it - I don’t like the fact that they, the Government - ‘think’ they have a right to violate my private space (fuck that!).

I had my Doctor Visit within 2 hours and most of that was caused by my unfamiliarity with the process and the forms.

It does provide a peace of mind - against an over-powerful Government. I don’t need a wet-nurse in my life.

Happy OverGrowing!tup

smoke,
WHAB

11 Likes