WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Hello there @Slym3r ! wavy

Glad to make your digital acquaintance! wavy

Yeah, I’ve been diggin’ this place since the first time I heard about it and that was well before I ever saw it. In fact, when I did visit this property the first time I didn’t even see it even though I wasn’t more than 200 feet from it. The trees and other greenery were lush.

I was standing to the left of that trailer, left of the tongue and had no idea it was there.

There is that brush and that’s an old Oak there that blocked my view. It was there the whole time. While I drove up I passed it and even looked for it as I was driving. I never saw it. I had no idea.

When I got out of my car (to the left of those bushes and the old Oak) it’s the first thing I asked about “Hey, where is the schoolhouse” - “It’s right there (they pointed with there finger)” ROFLMAO

It’s awesome building anything. I do have a fond appreciation of building buildings. I have trained in it. I took a college course in it. But, my back just hates me for it! ROFLMAO

Welcome, @Slym3r . Pleasure to have you aboard!

Take very good care! smoke,
WHAB

8 Likes

I forgot to mention. MPG is my long-time home. I do appreciate all they, my friends and foes, over there have done for me - even if it was only engaging in argument! winky tup

Thank you, @Slym3r …I really like her, too. She’s very special.

I hope, it is my plan, to give her some attention this working season - in between everything else I have going on. I do have a rear brake assembly on the car I drive now that will soon HAVE TO BE done, so there’s that.

It just needs a fuel pump to get her running. I’ve just been reluctant to fork out the nearly $300 for one (from memory, and the last time I looked) for one. I’m pretty sure I found one on O’Reilly’s computer for around $70. It looked exactly like it but I didn’t have my fuel pump in hand to do a full comparison and haven’t had it in hand until recently.

It smokes a bit. I think it just needs a valve adjustment. It may be rings. I can, and will, do either one…whatever she needs.

It’s drive-able with just the fuel restored to her historic heartbeat.

Thanks for showing my fine lady some appreciation - she loves it! biggrin

I have not been here long enough to venture out too far afield. I only just yesterday started Pandora :laughing:

Not degree’d in engineering, no. I am possessed of a great appreciation of, knowledge of and understanding of the art. I have been given engineering authority in many important endeavors! Some of my best and favorite conversations, and my best friendships, in aviation where with engineers. I also spent a great deal of time with “Planners”, the people that organize the work blocks being performed - AO’s (Assembly Orders) in regards, McDonnell Douglas/Boeing - the order of operations.

Man, do I ever miss it!

Thanks again, friend!
WHAB

6 Likes

And, before it gets too late. Some important news from yesterday now winky

MMMP 0002 2021-02-19

17 days start to finish (less if you subtract weekends).

Understand, too, that I don’t grant the Government that authority over me. I did it only as protection - even though I personally worked advocating for such a legal system, and spent many days in courthouses in support of unjustly accused individuals - against Government.

I only did it on a whim, never intended to intentionally do it - I don’t like the fact that they, the Government - ‘think’ they have a right to violate my private space (fuck that!).

I had my Doctor Visit within 2 hours and most of that was caused by my unfamiliarity with the process and the forms.

It does provide a peace of mind - against an over-powerful Government. I don’t need a wet-nurse in my life.

Happy OverGrowing!tup

smoke,
WHAB

11 Likes

i am striving to grow like you! I have the same abilities. I fix everything.

3 Likes

Congrats on the Missouri MMJ card! My father just applied last week so I will soon update my cultivation license to be his caregiver once it processes.

Good luck with this endeavor you’re taking on. It should keep you happily busy for a while!

4 Likes

THAT’S GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS!
Yeah you are under the government’s thumb but that’s allot better then being paranoid that they are going to bust into your beautiful space and destroy it. I’m happy for you.
I’m thinking on getting the Blue Lab combo next week. Do they go by truncheon? I know there pen dose.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, that’s the only reason I got it. I could never afford to replace what I have now, never mind what I will have for this grow.

They don’t make the pH Truncheon any longer. Now they make a pH pen. They do make the same EC/PPM Truncheons, and then the full-time monitors.

These are my Truncheons.

All the best to ya!tup

:wave:,
WHAB

3 Likes

Thank you, @BarefootAndBlazed !

All the best in your future endeavors. All the best to your Dad, too! tup

wavy,
WHAB

3 Likes

You’ve seen my grows?

I am glad to read you fix your own things. It is something not enough people do on their own.

wavy,
WHAB

4 Likes

Last big solo project was a 2plus story 12/12 pitch tin roof shop and winter grow extrordaneir outa 2x6 dug fir up in the hills of humboldt. It is a beauty , sun deck, green room for babies, geney room, solar and water power . Goats an dogs an peacocks an cats an bears an cougars an dear. Good water, tons of home grow veggies. Most satisfying build ever!!! Never have to leave home when you do it right!

Hope it lasts 100yrs.

All the best,
Enjoy

7 Likes

That sounds amazing, @iggypuffs ! tup

I’m pretty sure this roof is 12/12, but it has a crook in the bottom 4 foot edge of it. I think they did that to get out over the double stack brick wall and out to the eave.

Yours sounds much more interesting! Nice!

All the best to you, too, iggy!

Regards,
WHAB

4 Likes

i hope to grow like yall…

3 Likes

Ah!!!

Yeah, that didn’t sound right when I read it. It had me wondering what other handle I ‘might’ know you by, which is entirely possible at the ends of these confounded wires winky

I hope you do, too, friend!

wavy,
WHAB

2 Likes

i am slym3r everywhere. i am all over the weedternet. always tagging love to watch you grow. and yeah it makes me question saying it. lol

1 Like

Remember the 3 little piggys,
I would rather like to have those red brick walls and beautiful arched doors and windows, That structure will probably last another 100yrs easy. You have a real Peach there, nice piece of history.

3 Likes

ROFLMAO

While I certainly do remember that children’s rhyme, I would not have recalled it on my own relative to the Brick Schoolhouse!

ROFLMAO

I haven’t shown this, but it has always been my intention to replicate it … here is what I’m looking at behind the convoluted metal seen in the previously posted images.

It is in very rough shape. I plan to replicate the entire thing, the arched window, the frame and at least a single entry door or possibly a double door. I hope my abilities are up to it winky

Oh, those arched windows do not translate to the interior. I have not investigated why, but they just don’t.

Thank you for showing the old place some love, @iggypuffs ! tup

wavy,
WHAB

11 Likes

Would love to see an awesome double door, putting one in my house this Summer!

2 Likes

Me too. That was my first thought on the matter.

One thing I have to consider, though…the space measures 60" (1524mm) total, from the frame to frame.

I think I’ll have trouble squeezing 2 entry doors in 60". My second thought is 1 wide door, like a 40" (1016mm) door with 2 10" (254) side lites (if I can find some double or triple pane side lites that size).

IF neither of those work out, my fallback is a standard sized door … but still made by me.

Point me to yours when you got there. I’d been keen to observe.

Regards,
WHAB

3 Likes

I have owned these for decades. I have appreciated them for decades. I believe my favorite Aunt gave them to me decades ago.

But, I have never used them and, by the looks of them, I don’t believe they have ever been used.

The boxes are ratty, but they’re still there.

Neat!

wavy ,
WHAB

3 Likes

So I’m totally guessing but from the picture and what you’ve said… it looks like that door was originally constructed as a 3068 with 12” sidelights. I envy your ability to construct something like that I could never. I’d be in the therma tru catalog for a mulled unit and pick out the finish and glass styles. Big fan of the fiberglass doors. No warp, no movement,energy efficient. Just finishing our new house with one as well , this is an 8 footer. 3080 with 12” lights

5 Likes