What are these leaves telling me

Me too @ReikoX has been great and knows what I am using.

1 Like

6.3 isn’t bad, if you’re in soil it could be a tad higher. Water often comes out of the pipes at a slightly higher pH than if it sits, as it absorbs CO2 from the air. But, your plants don’t look too bad, I’d let them sit for a while and see if it gets worse or better. For Nitrogen, I’d recommend potassium nitrate in hard water or calcium nitrate in soft or R/O water.

3 Likes

A potassium dificiency and/or toxicity is characterised by a yellowing, sometimes crisping leaf margin.

1 Like

HELP!

This is what I found after 2 days of LITFA dose.

These are the bottom leaves removed from the above plant:

2 Likes

I had several books to diagnosis problems. I gave them to a beginner when I didn’t think I would grow again. I did aske them to return them when they were last year but they must not be done yet. :wink:
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like
1 Like

This is Phosphorus Deficiency or Excess? They show the same for both!

Looks more like Potassium deficiency to me … hum|nullxnull

and this one Iron:

4 Likes

Just wanted to update. I took my bluelab ph tester to the grow shop and they said it was way off. They cleaned it up, it had dried out. They adjusted it and it tested OK. Glad I don’t need a new probe.

4 Likes

Shameless plug for pH drops over meters. Not quite as accurate as a well calibrated meter, but I’ll take a tenth of a point off over a full point off, and never needs calibration. And cheap as dirt. I bought a $20 bottle of pH reagent like 7 years ago and I’m still working through it.

1 Like

I always had issues matching colors.

1 Like

I guess they told you it should be stored in PH storage solution 24/7/365, correct?

1 Like

They said not to let it dry out and if not using for a few day to put in storage solution. Not right? I hadn’t used it since I had to quit growing a while back.

2 Likes

I keep storage solution in my cap all the time, if you want the probe to last a long time you have to show it some love. Read some of these threads from folks that are smarter than me :slight_smile:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=proper+storage+ph+probe&t=newext&atb=v248-1&ia=web

3 Likes

PS: Grow shops exist to separate you from your money so they don’t always give solid advice

3 Likes

I have both drops and a meter and they both have their place. If I ran hydro I’d be more concerned about absolute precision.

2 Likes

Just curious are you using organic ph down.

What would be organic ph down?

1 Like

I do believe. Organic ph down would be citric acid. Canna do one. Reason why I ask is I personally found when using the canna product my ph was everywhere. And I would use a stupid amount daily. Seemed the organic doesn’t do well in hydro(not sure if your hydro or not).and like you I was using so much ph down. half a litre just on growth phase. Pfft.

1 Like

Soil, but I just switched to r/o water and it takes on ph of whatever you put in it.

1 Like