What’s wrong with my plant?

Samsquanch og, growing in 2nd run soil that was mother earth groundswell. Just started flowering, but looks to calcium deficiency. I’ve been top dressing with gaia green bloom at half tspb a week but it looks to be getting worst. Showing deficiency at new growth. I added a tspb of garden lime to the top soil, not sure if that will help or not.

6 Likes

You got problem with the uptake of micro nutrients. Have you checked your pH?
What is your pH?
Which type of water are you using? RO, Tap etc…
Did you introduce anything new?

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

This outdoor. Looks like possible septoria, I see some spots with rings around them.

I agree with @LonelyOC If youre using a regular nutrient regimen usually anytime you have a micro issue is because of pH. Most nutrient programs have excess micro nutrients so a true deficiency is rare.

1 Like

Can you show us a pic of the entire plant, including the pot?

1 Like

My tap water comes out anywhere from 7-7.5 so I just ph it down to 6.5.

1 Like

Whats the pH from the run off?

1 Like

I think it could be a Potassium deficiency:

Captura

Gaia green has Phosphorous and Garden lime Calcium, and excess of both may have blocked Potassium … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Here you go, bottom water with the watering base.

3 Likes

Well there you have it, that is quite a bush considering the size of the pot.
Looks like you vegged a little too long, flip to flower when the plant is the same height as the pot, or earlier when you have a particularly stretchy cultivar.

Consider a setup like this:

This way you won’t run into deficiencies and can just keep sowing in the same pot for the rest of your life.

Kitchenscraps should cover all the minerals and nitrogen, but if you add grass clippings and treeleaves and dandelion (10% calcium) then it’ll smell more like a forest. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No need to buy anything else.

And you could probably add your water without PH adjusting, the mycelium will take care of that.

3 Likes

Looks like you got abit of nute burn off the tips of the large fan leaves. Take a look at the pH from the run off water :+1:t2: It could be over fed causing a build up which is starting to give you wonky pH in the soil.

1 Like

Do you always water from the bottom? icon_eek|nullxnull

Plant will be fine if you just keep only watering, the tops will be smaller and all the leaves may fall off but you’ll still get the maximum amount of bud to be had from that volume of soil.

1 Like

I think this is the problem rather than a nutrient burn, leaves are pale green and also have purple petioles (Phosphorous def). I think there’s a sort of nutrient lockout, there’s no nutes uptake as you say, maybe soil is depleted and if you water always from the bottom plant has no access to the top dressing and may accumulate a salt buildup in the bottom … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Now and then some top watering along with bottom watering, a 1:2 ratio perhaps might be beneficial indeed.

I overlooked this, but that might be part of the problem along with soil volume, might be making the soil too hot by too much bacterial activity.

Too much of any one thing creates imbalance.

So LIFTA I’d say.

1 Like

We need to know the pH of the runoff first :ok_hand:t2:

No runoff with bottom watering :sweat_smile:, there’s something that doesn’t match, how can you bottom water such a big pot with that tiny plate? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes

I’m using the ac infinity watering bottom, it’s a 5g fabric pot. I water the top then fill the bottom res with the rest of the left over water. You can look it up how the base works.

1 Like

I use recharge once a week, then just regular water. I always water the top first then fill the reservoir with whatever leftover. Its an auto so I didn’t want to give too much nutrient but now I think maybe it gave it too much at the top.