🎧 What Are You Listening To? (Part 4)

3 Likes

70 and still going strong …

1 Like

This reminded me of how DJ Shadow has over 60,000 vinyl records in his collection. And then I looked him up and he just in last 24 hours released his new single for his new album coming in october. Looks like hes not sampling and just goin all in on the synths. I wonder if he uses Serum or actual synthesizers. It has me excited for his new stuff. “The Private Press” was my favorite album to trip to back in the day. It was much better than that umma gumma nonsense…

2 Likes

While it’s true I was a mobile DJ (and not a particularly good one, at that), collecting music has long been a manifestation of my mental illnesses.

FWIW, generally speaking, the only kinds of music I don’t care for are European opera (it’s the singing that kills me, not the orchestral parts), Chinese opera (I’m not that into pentatonic music to begin with, but then add what to my ear are non-melodic screechy sounding voices, and it becomes a real loser instantly!), and virtually any metal. I liked the first couple of LZ albums (the first more than the second), but it just started to sound like noise to me after that. Don’t misunderstand - it’s not as if I don’t OWN any metal, I simply don’t ever listen. I own it because on occasion someone who is visiting wants to hear something I may have, and if I own it, I’m playing it for the person who wants to hear it. True, perhaps not at the volume they would like, but play it I will (and loud enough to actually hear it)!

1 Like

ahh man the great ones live on …

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that your grandmother has dementia. It’s such a terrible thing for both the person with the condition and those who knew/know the person. My dad had dementia the last couple of years of his life and it was such a terrible thing. That said, it’s wonderful that you have discovered that music draws her back into the life we know! :heart:

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Dino ain’t got nothing on the original (and still champeen)!

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Hello my little friends!
im back!

4 Likes
1 Like