3 Likes

That looks absolutely delicious !

1 Like

the goodness

13 Likes

Stoners love Charcuterie… checks out.
Flavor town!

2 Likes

Stuffed chicken breastesess last night, good eats…

18 Likes

10 Likes

Great score!

As far as I’m concerned, properly cooked, they beat the hell out of avocado… :+1:

yeah, yeah, hersey… :yum:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

It was delicious. Definitely good eating. Cooked perfectly…

3 Likes

Simple and easy…

14 Likes

just some chicken

13 Likes

Chicken Curry & Rice

12 Likes

This morning’s breakfast…cheaper/better than a fast food drive thru…

12 Likes

Say what you like, but they make hella terrible guacamole. ROFLMAO :yum:

3 Likes

You just need to add the 'secret ingredient"… bacon… :yum: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Praise the lard, I recognize your superior logic! :yum: d8JBdDJ

Taken moments ago, bacon and onions are in the oven keeping warm now. Just eggs to cook, in nine minutes.

7 Likes

Why, it’s like deja vu all over again!

This is a real PITA to make, but for special occasions, it kicks ass!

Boil or steam your artichoke(s) as usual until slightly under cooked, but just slightly. When you pull an individual leaf, there should be a tiny bit of resistance. Remove all the leaves as you normally would, only lay them out to cool and dry.

Heat enough oil in a heavy pan or skillet to be able to partially deep fry the leaves, maybe two and a half inches deep. You want to fry only the meatier part of each leaf. As the oil is heating, dip the meaty part of each leaf in a well beaten egg and then in bread crumbs. You want them to have an unbreaded handle at the top. If I did this again today, I’d try panko. It wasn’t available the last time I made this recipe. (Yes, this is all from memory, thankfully long term memory! I don’t, for example, know exactly what temp the oil should be at. blush Sigh…)

Movin’ on, once the leaves are crumbed, deep fry each leaf individually, holding each of them by the unbreaded end. It’s easy to over cook them, so experiment with the first few for your timing. You want the crumbs to be a light golden color, although, this will be to the individual cook’s taste.

They’re seriously good. They were always a hit at any catering job we did! Of course, for those who are really gastronomically with it, they may be a little bit passe. While that may be the case, they’re still every bit as delicious! :yum:

5 Likes

I boil it and peel it, soak in oil and pepper. Mustard and cayenne preference on dipm

1 Like

Welp, worked my balls off in the heat all day, but now its time for smoked chicken, homegrown potatoes and garlic sautéed in beef fat, corn on the cob, Stanley cup hockey… maybe a little whiskey for dessert.
Thats a pretty good day.

16 Likes

Been painting the house with my daughter for last three weeks… my midnight snack of choice on any night or day is a thick slice of home grown beefsteak tomato on toast with salt and pepper. :smiley:

14 Likes