What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Lamb is my favorite seared flesh, or at least it was prior to my stroke, but I still like it. In fact, I have a small boneless leg of lamb in the refrigerator for tonight. I’d definitely prefer if it was wicked, but kinda more normal lamb will still be good. LOTS of garlic and rosemary!

4 Likes

Lastnights meal was layered nachos with salsa, welsh cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheese green onions and garlic scapes with sour cream on top.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Well-- not as healthy tonight- but been waiting all week for the local shop to restock the sourdough from the Bakery!
So supper is Fresh Sourdough with chicken on one side, sharp cheddar on the other, lettuce and fresh beefsteak tomato from the garden. :yum: :+1:

EDIT-1 hour later:
Ate HALF…bigger than I thought…wrapped the rest for tomorrow!

16 Likes

I like when Mrs Foreigner cooks. Partially because it means I don’t have to do it and partially because I know it will be awesome:

18 Likes

I rarely eat out and when I do it’s almost impossible for me to order steak.
About $8
Roasted garlic taters, blistered hatch chiles and clearance filet. Sorry I didn’t get a shot of that pink

13 Likes

Nothing but a lot of air frying…this old school air fryer kicks ass…delish folks.

Chicken leg quarters, tomatoes, shishitos, shrimps and wax beans done perfectly…

16 Likes

Lastnights meal was cheese omlet and chips followed by mixed frozen berries in yoghurt and whipping cream with some cocoa powder moxed in.

15 Likes

16 Likes

A little while ago, someone posted a picture of a caprese salad using cherry tomatoes. My inclination is to say it was @Pigeonman, but the CRS is at work, and I couldn’t find the picture after scrolling back through a couple of weeks of this thread, so if it was someone else, my apologies. It’s also possible it was in a different thread. I just don’t know.

In any event, I couldn’t find a decent tomato the last time I was at the store and then I remembered that picture, and went with cherry tomatoes. It was an excellent decision, if I do say so myself. I bought a couple of branches of the little red berries (did you know toms are taxonomically classified as berries?), some fresh mozz balls and basil and had a delicious fucking meal! That’s the olive oil and balsamic we use for fresh/uncooked dishes. We really love them. That was night before last.

Last night I made a small leg of lamb smeared inside and out with lots of garlic and rosemary. It will last me for probably four or five meals. I also roasted a few red potatoes and a small hand full of green beans. It was all damn delicious.

Okay, so last night’s meal was really great, but I must admit that I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about air fryers, @PhilCuisine. :yum: Where I would put it is the only question.

19 Likes

It was me it was me!

2 Likes

No blistering?? Haha

1 Like

Thank you, @Foreigner, for uploading that picture! Seriously, it’s really going to affect my quality of life in a positive way from now on. Thank you. :+1:

2 Likes

Blistering?

I find that as far as store bought tomatoes go cherries are the best. We also have this balsamic glaze that’s viscous and sweet that we use instead of straight balsamic (which is also good)

1 Like

Which balsamic glaze is that again? Something you make?

The cherries on a stem make sense to me because they ripen along the stem, so you are guaranteed at least some riper (though not necessarily fully ripe) tomatoes, rather than just random loose ones.

1 Like

Yeah, blistered cherry tomatoes are really good. I thought the cherry tomatoes in Foreigner’s Caprese were blistered. Hot pan, EVOO, cherry tomatoes. Get each side blistered. Season them when you take them out of the pan.

2 Likes

No it’s a product:

I imagine it’s mostly sugar and less balsamic but still very good.

3 Likes

I make my own balsamic glaze/reduction. Super easy. Good stuff. No added sugar or anything either. One ingredient.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m gonna try that!

And thank you too for that! That photo and your description reminded me that I have this tiny ass bottle of kind of a sweet balsamic. I think I’ll use it for my next caprese.

4 Likes