What is this brown powder on my vegging mom?

Environment is great @ 78°w/53%…none of my other moms are showing this.

3 Likes

That single leaf tip?

Looks like insect damage more than burn to me. Fear the borg. (mites) Try using a magnifier to confirm before doing anything.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

The first pic shows a lot of speckling over the majority of the leaf in the top left corner, I think your right, looks like mite damage.

@Kushheavy you need to look under the leaves with a magnifying glass mites are tiny. You also need to cut back on the N they are getting some N toxicity.

4 Likes

That’s strange… Mites travel pretty quickly I don’t see speckling but the photos aren’t very large. The leaf tip - is it crispy or is it powder like you describe? Can u wipe it off?

1 Like

After another look I see quite a bit. Tips and then also some covering leaf surface… If no insects (mites or perhaps thrips from what I can see damage in the center of some leaves) What is ur feed like? Medium?

I use Canna Coco Nutrients so I’m assuming cutting back on N is using a low PPM on the A & B? Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Coco/perlite medium…Canna Coco Nutrients…and yes it is like a powder that does smear when I wipe. A dusting of this is scattered throughout the plant…strange is none of my other plants are affected. I just used some flying insect Nukem and ordered Safe Dormant spray on all of my moms in case they are infected. Hopefully this will eradicate them.

3 Likes

Its like a powder that can smear…I had spider mites before and that showed white speckles…this brownish stuff is new for me.

3 Likes

Do you have a magnifier, something in 60x+ range? Take a sample from an affected leaf and check it. Only way to be sure.

1 Like

Its not a burn because I can remove it…I need to find my magnifier.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like Powdery Mildew getting started.

1 Like

Can’t see up close but cursory look suggests a couple burnt tips and maybe some dirt/water that got on the leaves and dried. It doesn’t look like mites or PM.

Looks like PM
Can you get a little closer picture also

1 Like

My Samsung note camera sucks ass.

1 Like

Np.
You can try ph 8.5 and little baking soda and spray if it’s pm

1 Like

Powdery mildews aren’t brown. It could be a rust fungus, Melampsora cannabina.

The treatments are similar, could try potassium bicarbonate; potassium silicate; 1:10 h20:ethanol mix; 1:1 milk:water mix; neem oil; suffoil; sulfer spray (not in flower and not within 2 weeks of an oil); or an H2O2 spray.

1 Like