What is your favourite silicate product?

Been using Liquid Silicon from Growth Technology for a few years now, been pretty happy…

I tried Pro-Silicate from GroTek too but it was just a diluted product compared to LS from GT, same stuff but had to give much higher dosage to get the same effect.

Now my texan friend is promoting this “Raw Silica” from NPK Industries… Kinda thinking should I try it…

Give your 2 cents, thoughts, etc about this subject.

5 Likes

Any way to get a good chem analysis on either or both products?

1 Like

AgSil 16H has been my favorite so far

6 Likes

Thanks for your input!

Quote from NPK Industries page:

So thats the reason why I am interested, it seems like the most bang for the buck kind of product in the silicate category.

1 Like

Mate I am not a lab rat :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And any kind of lab testing in my country is ridicilously expensive. Talking four figures…

2 Likes

I’ll second AgSil 16H. Potassium silicate.

6 Likes

The products offer nothing in the packaging / literature?

1 Like

http://www.npk-industries.com/silica_label_back.html

ftp://ftp.growthtechnology.com/sds/sds-liquidsilicon.pdf

4 Likes

push by veg bloom plus 20 characters

1 Like

Can’t find data (actual numbers of ingredients) for that Veg+Bloom Push.

1 Like

I can check my bottle when I get home an post it if you want I’m sure they want to protect there formula

I kinda can understand that BUT where are the SDS (Safety Data Sheet)'s? :open_mouth:

At least those should be found…

Harvest Gold is mine… but it’s not liquid

never used silicate, whats its purpose? pretty sure megacrop already has silica in it

1 Like

Yes, Megacrop has it. But silicate basically has three primary functions:

a) Protect against molds and diseases (and pests) - this due the fact that every cell nucleus is protected by a last barrier of silicate. If plants do not have enough of silicate, they cannot protect the nucleuses properly, and therefore as a mushroom spore or similar tries to invade and get hold of the cell, it can just penetrate it without problems. Silicate is like kevlar for plants. In the past I had mold problems in one grow (lost about 30% to mold). Add silicate to my nutrient regimen (even though the nutrients had some silicate in them, obviously not enough), and never saw any mold again.

b) The leaves orientate better towards light (leading to more efficient photosynthesis)

c) The photosynthesis itself is improved around 10-15% - more energy = better.

6 Likes

damn i just read somewhere increased THC too is it root fed or foliar application?

Both are possible but I’ve personally only fed it through the roots. Gives the leaves a nice wax like shine too.

1 Like

Have not heard of that one, do you have a source for this claim?

I must admit I REALLY like that NPK RAW SILICA does not raise the ph!!!

Note this though:

"This product does not benefit dicot plants"

And to my knowledge cannabis is a dicot plant…

Just a heads up if you didn’t know.

7 Likes