What Other Plants Do You Have?

A man with a plan!

:smile:

2 Likes

Back on topic.
Asiatic Lily

11 Likes

Well, the day lily show should start soon.

Strawberries are on

8 Likes

What would cause the grapes to stay small?

7 Likes

Any tricks to keep the critters from eating ALL of the strawberries?

Or, I should say, tricks to keep the critters from taking a single bite out of each fruit. Then leaving the partially eaten fruit behind in order to taunt the gardener :laughing:

3 Likes

If you can find it, get some Creolin and make a spray and spray it around the outside of your garden. Animals of all sorts hate the smell and it is toxic to them (and us so be careful) I’m on my last 100ml or so of it here and afaik no longer available in Canada.

Some dog hair in a pillow case hanging nearby is also effective, if you’re okay with hanging dirty doghair bags around your garden.

And of course, the classic pie plate on a stick deterrent. Works with mixed results :smile:

1 Like

Huh, thanks for the tip. Never heard of that stuff till now.

Third year on the strawberries, would like to have more than one berry :laughing:

1 Like

I had a 4x20 strawberry bed that the critters would always get before me…until I covered it with bird netting. The netting kept everything out…except bugs.

2 Likes

Haha, bird netting has nothing on the creatures around here! Tried that, and they chew right through it (usually under the cover of darkness). They are persistent!

1 Like

Sorry for the tardy response.

Nah, I make no effort to keep the animals from feeding. I get a chance to graze when I want, and I am out there daily.

Not really a problem. Seems to be more than enough to go around so far. :rabbit: :bird: :mouse:

13 Likes

The creatures have a nice supply of fruit stuffs around here but they are greedy buggers. Need to increase the difficulty level and make them work for it (e.g. an endeavor which will make me work for it while they nonchalantly defeat each new challenge). :open_mouth:

3 Likes

what is this this species we’re seeing? i’ve never seen it…

:evergreen_tree:

…thought i was reading the Trump thread for a minute… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I get a handful of delicious raspberries every morning. I share the rest now thanks to your inspiration. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The parallel is striking…

1 Like

There are (in order) Burbank Plums, Nectarines and Stanley Pruning Plums

5 Likes

Those ‘aborted’ fruit sets are pretty common. Many causes.
http://articles.extension.org/pages/33106/causes-of-poor-fruit-set-in-grapes

3 Likes

My wiew when I open my bedroom’s window:

14 Likes

Thanks!! Now I have a much better grasp on grape Vines. Have to wait till next year to make some changes.

4 Likes

14 Likes