What Other Plants Do You Have?

Lookin good @Muleskinner not sure if you’ve tried this but highly recommend it ! Take your head if romaine lettuce slice it in half drizzle with olive oil with a little s&p and grill it till it gets wilted one of my favorite ways to enjoy romaine along with a big ol fat Porterhouse or ribeye!

6 Likes

Brussels sprouts & asparagus are anti-matter. Terrible stuff. :thinking: I could be President…

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

You’re crazy! Brussels are the best!!! I’m completely obsessed with them. YUM

4 Likes

Hiked the cliffs of Palos Verdes yesterday. A few Cali native wildflowers

13 Likes

What kind of lizard is that in your pic Meeshy do you know?

2 Likes

Coleus Blumei

Spearmint

Cucamelon

Asparagus :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

:smile: We caught them as kids & called them ‘blue-bellies’(irridescent blue flanks & belly) but they are the Western Fence Lizard:

:evergreen_tree: got a hicky from one :kiss: ouch!

10 Likes

These are the first blooms of the season, that makes them special.

Two Lilliput Zinnias and one Marigold in a small container.

Coleus

Morning Glory

11 Likes

The first blooms are absolutely special! The best! Love it!

5 Likes

Sweet peas still going strong! I grew these. Smells so good in here!

11 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop How long did it take for your spearmint to germ? I started some outside probably just short of 2 weeks ago and I gots nuthin… lol

1 Like

Aye, Brussels sprouts all need to wither and die, and then get burnt, and the ashes buried, deep. Horrible, horrible things lol
Asparagus though, sauteed in butter (especially “magic” butter) are beautiful. Even better with a nice piece of meat!

3 Likes

Just wondering if you harvest the morning glory seeds for a tea? I’ve been reading some interesting reports and considering throwing some in a bed this coming spring.

1 Like

On that note: fry em in bacon fat or beef tallow till their outer leaves are completely burnt, and the inner leaves are tender… oooooooooh boy. Served with caramelized onions and a black n blue steak!? :yum: :dizzy_face:

I need to stop. lmfao

:joy:

3 Likes

No, I am simply using the Morning Glory to cover an ugly chain link fence on the property line here.
I am using two heirloom varieties–Scarlet O’Hara and Grandpa Ott.
I have never grown Morning Glories previously.
The seed packets have warnings on them;
Toxic to animals/humans if ingested.

They are annuals here, but are self seeding.

6 Likes

I used to love morning glories but they seem to attract spider mites - maybe it’s just a local thing but they always get infested for me, I had to stop growing them

4 Likes

@Meesh
A couple of days, I put them in my veg box with light off for 2 days then put them on my windowsill.
I give them a little spray every other day with my little mister bottle.
They seem to be growing okay.
I say “them” referring to all of my plants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DiggySoze Mmm Mmm Mmm! Brussels and Bacon! My favorite!

1 Like

I’m loving the variegation on my Fish Pepper! Can’t wait to see what the peppers look like.

The stem on my Apocalypse Scorpion has gotten pretty beefy. Lots of blossoms popping up ready to bloom :slight_smile:

7 Likes

once veg light is on I’ll snag some pictures of blueberry an melons

7 Likes