What's causing this spotting on leaves?

Found more damage tonight. I’m just picking this stuff off as I see it now, got 5 weeks or so left of flower so as usual I’m going to push through as long as I can and be as diligent as possible. I think spraying right now, with the humidity I already have, could be potentially devastating for my crop and also potentially ineffective. I haven’t spotted a mite in the room yet, but I saw one outside today moving across my table so that tells me they’re around.

I agree my RH is way too high, I am working on options to fix this issue, I already installed a better intake and am going to find a way to black out my basement so I can keep my door cracked open during lights off. Humidity is just really high where I live, reaching 90+ outdoors quite regularly, and a dehumidifier, while I do have one, is just too costly to run.

That is what mine looked like with mite and I never saw them with the 60-120 scope. I finally saw them hiding under main leaf vein with a pc scoop.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll find them eventually at this point, I just hope their population stays low as I’m limited in options to control them.

1 Like

Dealing with a similar situation. I’ve been going in the room at least twice a day and looking for any damage from the mites. So far it has not gotten out of hand. Best of luck dealing with these things. Makes going into the grow room less enjoyable.

3 Likes

Hey @Lucy247420 Looks like it could be something else, maybe gnat larvae at the roots or a ph lockout idk … i took another look :eyes: and @Dewb seems to be on to something… stick a clip on fan or two on during your dark period, it will bring your rh down some…
Good luck and happy growing,
Gaz

1 Like

This was my very first thought when I saw the image. The way the damage is closer to the veins than the centre of the leaf panels is a sign too. Water damage would surely be more clustered where the condensation happened, for example where one leaf touched another.

Did you get anything dead?

Mites love humid conditions. The only thing they like more is warm humid conditions. It will be the temps of 19/20 that is slowing them down if anything is.

If it is mites, do not do half measures. If you leave just two mites anywhere they will breed resistant mites that will be harder and harder to kill. I found floramite worked well.

I cropped, cleaned out EVERYTHING and bleached EVERYTHING and threw away and replaced anything that could not be bleached, hoovered every crack, corner, or anywhere that could collect dust, sprayed the single cutting I kept with floramite (then again four days later, then again four days later), also all cracks, doorways, windows, and any access point for something too small to see.

It was effective.

This was after I had a previous infestation where I only did half measures and made my mites resistant to anything that would have killed them before and so because I could not kill them I had to move house…

1 Like

I’m gping to say that you will most likely not find mites. Mites tend to favor drier conditions and with your rh levels I don’t think they would find your room all that hospitable.
If it’s not small condesation burning the leaves you may have a different type of sucking insect… but most likely not mites.

3 Likes

I always heard that high humidity and mites don’t mix, so I can subscribe to that theory.

I’m just being diligent now and inspecting the best I can.

Thanks for all the info everyone the battle continues!

1 Like