These wrinkle crinkle looking leaves

Does anyone know why I keep getting these wrinkle crinkle looking leaves, they don’t grow out of it… This only happen on some plants…They start out fine then they just start looking like these pic

5 Likes

Tell us more about the environment and growing method you have for them.

first, soil or hydro?

RH% + air temperature

If soil, what is in it?

Are you using tap water or an RO unit?

If hydro, nutrient strength, PH, nutrient brand, nutrient temperature

If RO, which calmag?

If soil, what are your containers made from? (please don’t say metal)

Something is going on for sure, but there is not enough information for us to make a diagnosis unless someone has had the exact same issue.

2 Likes

soil, 82f everything is on point

If everything is perfect, then nothing is wrong…

Tell us more numbers, I asked more than you have answered. Even then, I only asked the bare minimum, you should really tell us more than that if you want more help than that.

From just the image you are over and under fed, this says something is wrong with your environment or your soil. But you already knew that.

We are not psychic, you will have to tell us everything so we can look at everything and see what you are not seeing. If you just say “Everything is on point” then we can’t help.

Input PH + strength, runoff PH + strength etc

Be inventive, tell us more than you think we could possibly want to know.

I am off to the allotment, I hope you will spend the time going to your plants, measuring, and typing what you measure. Then we can help.

6 Likes

bugs?!?! :astonished:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

My money is on too much light or light too close. Also like @MicroDoser said could be over watered. 82 is really hour for an indoor. Could be heat stress. My guess is the crinkled leaves happen more directly under the light. The room might be 82 but with the light on 18 hours it could raise the “plants” temp to the 90s or more. Kinda like the way your car sitting in the 80 degree sunlight feels 100 or more when you hop in it. Questions we need to answer to properly assist(in my opinion😂) :
What light/how much wattage
How far away is the light
Container type/size
Media used (soil,hydro, etc)
How often your watering.

3 Likes

Perhaps you are using garbage genetics. What strain is that and which breeder is it from?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure of garbage genetics. I would say a mutation of some sort…i was reading about mutation the other day and that was my first thought when i seen that plant. I would grow it out and see just what that plant is capable of. That’s just my opinion for whats its worth…here the article

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/top-10-craziest-cannabis-mutations/?sqr=gentic%20mutations

Also

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/everything-you-ever-needed-to-know-about-cannabis-leaves/

5 Likes

I would want to keep that thing as a coffee table bonsai…

3 Likes

Man, that’s hellish looking. Only certain plants while others are ok? Can you zoom out an give us a better picture of the room?

I’d normally think if it were heat or light intensity problems we’d see more of the typical bleaching / taco-ing.

That’s what I wonder. Russet mites?

Or, as MicroD notes, wildly out of wack PH or something. But, in that case, I’d expect more necrosis versus “shriveling”. Wild.

6 Likes

I am going with overwatered the canoeing and the clawing

1 Like

looks like …

https://www.invasive.org/browse/subthumb.cfm?sub=85916&cat=59

burn it all to the ground. then bleach it, then burn it again.

Look at these photos

https://www.rollitup.org/t/the-borg-hrm.992234/

6 Likes

One cannabis farmer in Southern Humboldt County, who suffered an infestation, described the effect of russet mites on her garden. “Basically, [evidence of them appears as] the crinkling of leaves. Every little finger on the leaf folds in on itself,” she said.

“The buds, where the [pistils appear], are all brown and dead looking,” a small-scale farmer in Southern Humboldt told KMUD News, adding, “[The russet mite] eats resin and hairs. Anything that’s resinous, basically.”

That does not sound good at all. It also sounds like what the images show.

2 Likes

That’s my guess. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

You’d see webbing and actual colonies before they started to look like anywhere near that.
I didn’t have canoeing with the Borg either.

Mist your plants with water and look for webbing.
They really stick out, normally in the center of the bud or the armpits in the branches.

You can also use a magnifying glass on the under Neath side of a leaf, you’ll see’em if you have them.

I’ve had them bad to the point I busted everything up threw everything away, lights, ballasts, fans could keep going then I sold the house and started fresh.
Had these little pricks with pm at the same time.
The other club I’m at we did research on these bastards what works what doesn’t work.

Good luck is all I can say.

2 Likes

Freezing temps, bombs, chemicals, milk you don’t ever entirely get rid of these.
Ever

thanks for your help,…i will just start over

Webbing, true of spider mites (the more common mite) but not for the russet or broad mites.

3 Likes

Looks like what happenes when you lock up a rockwool cube because of unpropper watering rates and not enough run off.

@HandsOn if you have a higher wattage light (400+) just make sure it’s far away or it’ll happen again. Make sure there is a good dry time in between watering and you’ll be fine also remember that size of the container makes a difference in drying time. A5 gallon is gonna gold much more water for longer than a 3 gallon or less. Much success✌

1 Like