What's the point in auto flowers?

Thank you @AUM. I think she yielded around 6oz dry. She was a monster and really hard work to control.

2 Likes

Over 3 pounds or as we say here 1,7 ks wow!!! Ant the smoke? Or cure you still?

2 Likes

:rofl: I wish. 6oz is around 170 grams. Yeah she was dried rather quickly but she sat curing in jars for around 2 months. It wasnā€™t the strongest or smelliest smoke but it also was not the worse

2 Likes

Looking good brah, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

:heart:LOL, I missread it totally :wink: But ok 170 gr are proud too!!!

2 Likes

That guy pulled over a pound out of a 2x2 cardboard box with a 100w LED. Nuts!

2 Likes

And what was this thread all about? :confused: Now seriously speaking, thanks for all the intetesting info given hete ā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey man I notice you have some sideligthting going on there, does it make much of a difference? I have thought about this but have yet to get around to it.

3 Likes

More light equals more growth :+1:

3 Likes

I think I am going to mount blurple light bars vertically in each corner of my 4x4. Canā€™t hurt. I just wish this retirement would start! I am eager to share my grow and get all types of feedback to learn from.

3 Likes

Yeah but only to a point though right? Iā€™m a bit of grams/watt kind of guy so efficiency I guess is important . I also donā€™t know how efficiently the leaf chloroplast utilise side/unde rlights. I guess I might have to whack some in a do a comparison. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Side lighting will ensure the lower buds get more light. How many of us when trimming at harvest time have binned ā€œpopcornā€ Buds?? But your right about efficiency. Side lighting will greatly increase the lower portion of the plants growth but I could see your gpw if anything dropping as I doubt using 50w per corner would give you an extra 200g of bud.

3 Likes

A reflective surface at the bottom of the plant wouldnā€™t lower gpw and would help light penetration to lower leavesā€¦ idk how much help but itā€™s cheaper than side lighting

5 Likes

Hola senior :slight_smile: Cannabis is one of the most lighthungry plants on earth and the more light the more buds :wink: Try it!

3 Likes

Sunlight = el mejor when it comes to light

4 Likes

The point of autos for me is that I can grow them outside in town and not worry about light from neighbors.

7 Likes

Well I got them pretty well bathed in light currently. In fact I took out some of my Bridglux COB lights because the tops were just getting light bleached. It seems to me that much more than 110-120 K lumens per square metre seems to to be more hassle and heat than gain.

2 Likes

It canā€™t hurt, but given the law of inverse squares by the time that light has gone all the way down and bounced back the additional light would probably be negligible. Some people think that light on the underside of leaves can be a bad thing for plantsā€¦I think thats bull personally, but who knows.

3 Likes

Personally when I use my zxmean lights beneath the canopy aimed up they got a nice almost shiny gloss and got darker.

Light leaves got color again to a degree for example. I was going to print off some leaves on my auto before and when I gave her a UV bath she made those leaves dark enough to get energy from them properly again. This was at the end of flower when she was ready to be chopped in a few days too.

Any plant Iā€™ve tried it on only responded positively and growth tended to explode after when I was stuck at a stage. I canā€™t say how effective it would be on a full grow as Iā€™ve been using it as supplemental lighting occasionally. Maybe in a future grow Iā€™ll try one for itā€™s whole life with light from beneath and above and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦did the bottoms of the leaves get darker too? Also, did the bottoms still look drastically different from the tops of the leaves as they normally do?

1 Like